Potty Training

Nap/ Bedtime potty training

So A is completely potty trained except for sleep times. I put her in a pull up for naps, and an overnite diaper for bedtime.  She occasionally wakes up and tells us that she needs to go.  Does this just come overtime or is there a technique to help with the sleep time potty issues?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nap/ Bedtime potty training

• Well for my DD she was staying dry for 12 hours at night and during her nap and then go on the potty when she woke up prior to PT (that was one of the signs we knew she was ready).  We PT her when she was 15 months old.  My DS was 17 months old when he PT but was still going in his nap and bedtime.  By day 3 of PT he stopped going in his nap but would still be wet during the night (but not as much).  What we did was wake him up when we went to bed and had him go potty and he would wake up dry (he always went right back to sleep- at first we hesitant to do this because we never thought he'd go back to sleep).  We did this for about 2 weeks and then stopped.  After that he always woke up dry.  
  • Thanks, she almost never goes during a nap, but she does wake up wet in the morning.  Not too wet, but some.  I might try the waking thing, but I am a bit nervous that she will want to stay up. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was waking up dry from naps so I took the plunge, put a waterproof pad on his bed and let him nap in underwear. So far so good, it's been a few days now. I did it at nighttime too but he woke up scared from a nightmare the first night and next thing I know the bed is a puddle of pee. No big deal, I put him in pull ups for the night to avoid him getting stressed about wetting the bed but he wakes up once a night and I encourage him to pee at that time - he basically has a dry diaper in the morning and then goes in the potty.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"