Pregnant after a Loss

Pregnant immediately after Chemical Pregnancy

Here's my story: (Please let me know if you can relate!!!)

Last month (July) I missed my period on the 1st and was feeling pregnant (sore nipples, tender breasts) so used a HPT on the 3rd. I had two faint positives (one with FMU and one before bed). On the afternoon of the 6th I began bleeding heavily and tested again- the line was obviously fainter. I bled for approximately 5 days. I tested negative with a blood test in the hospital (was hospitalized with probably unrelated intestinal issues) on the 12th. 

This was devastating to me because I had never heard of a chemical pregnancy until I read about it on the internet that evening after I started bleeding. I called my doctor's office to let them know what was going on, and all they did was cancel the "pregnancy confirmation" appointment I had set up when I called on the 2nd.

This month I began feeling sore nipples and tender breasts again after ovulation (around July 17th)-- I knew I was pregnant again because I felt the same as I did last month... so I began testing as soon as I could. I tested negative using an HPT the 27th. Then I tested positive using a HPT on the 28th (faint), twice on the 29th (faint in the a.m. and darker in the p.m.), twice on the 29th (both very dark and immediate), once on the 30th (very dark and immediate), and once on August 1st (very dark and immediate). yes, I'm a little obsessed this month (because I am so scared of a chemical happening again!). I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to confirm. I am very excited about the possibility again, but am so hesitant because of what happened only a few weeks ago...

Has anyone had any success carrying out a healthy pregnancy immediately after a chemical pregnancy? I am so worried that I will have to go through this again, or that there is something wrong with me and hope to get answers to tomorrow from medical professionals, but would also like to hear what you ladies have to say. Sometimes the best advice comes from those who have experienced the same thing!!

Good luck to all those out there who are TTC! Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant immediately after Chemical Pregnancy

• I had a very early loss around 6 weeks and got pregnant right away and am no 21 weeks!  Since it happened so early, my doctor gave me the go ahead to try as soon as we were ready.  I didn't chart that next month, but got pregnant anyway.  Good luck! 
  • I don't have any experience, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck!
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't had a chemical pregnancy, but wanted to wish you luck at your appointment tomorrow. Hopefully you'll get some great news!
    BFP#1=12/24/10 missed m/c @ 9w2d BFP#2=4/13/11 EDD 12/24/11 (coming full circle!)
    Ella born 12/21/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hello and welcome! You can see how things went down for us in my siggySo congrats and happy and healthy 9 to you!!
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • I did not - but the my cousin got pregnant the next month right after her CP. She went on to have a very healthy pregnancy and baby! GL and I hope you have a very uneventful 9 months!
  • Yes, yes!!!  I'm going through a completely healthy, normal pregnancy at age 40 after three MC- one blighted ovum at 7 wks, one unexplained loss at 9 wks requiring D&C, and one chemical pregnancy that was very much like yours.  I waited two months after the chemical pregnancy to do some testing, but we actually got the 4th BFP before waiting for the inconclusive test results to come in.

So, don't give up hope.  I'm at 31 weeks, and this little guy is going to be just fine.  :)  Try not to worry, the stress is not going to do you any good.  I know how hard that is, so find anything you can to distract you, and focus on positive thoughts!

Best of luck!!! :) 

• I had three back to back chemical pregnancies (see siggy) before this one stuck.  So far, so good!  *knock on wood*  Congrats and good luck!!!!  Big Smile
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I experienced exactly what you went through, and I am now 22 weeks into my pretty uneventful pregnancy.  Congrats and good luck!!!
  • I had a Chemical pregnancy the end of June, and found out I am pregnant on July 26th with no AF in between. I am wishing and praying for a sticky baby. I got ot my first Dr Appt on the 8th!! can't wait!!

I wish you all the luck in the world hope this is your sticky baby too!! 

• Yes, the same thing happened to me. Congrats!
  • Wow! Big Smile I didn't expect to have so many women respond in such a short amount of time! Thank you to each and every one of you who responded and good luck to you in trying to conceive or in your pregnancies!!

I went to my appointment today where they ran a urine test (positive) and they also drew blood with the intention of drawing blood again Friday morning so see if my levels are increasing at the rate they should be (approximately doubling). They are also checking to make sure I am not Rh negative... I am very excited to hear the results, and am doing the best I can do remain positive... all of your success stories and well wishes are definitely helping!!! THANK YOU, ladies! Will update you soon :)

• Last month this was the day that everything went downhill....

2nd vile of blood being drawn today... yay! :) Feeling good, feeling good!

Will update as soon as I can-- but headed to Charlotte, NC for a vacation this weekend :)

• Hi everyone:

Time for an update:

Friday I got a call from the doctor saying my levels had doubled over a 48 hour period (at 591 on Friday) and had me repeat my blood work today to make sure the doubling continued... Today (Monday) my levels were at 2052!! :) Yay... they are scheduling an ultrasound for early next week!

• Congrats!!!!!!!!!  I know lots of girls that had success immediately following a chemical!!!

Happy & Healthy 9 Months!!!!!!!

• Congratulations to you too! :) 

I wish you a happy and health 9 as well!

• Congratulations to you too! :) 

I wish you a happy and healthy 9 as well!

• My first ultrasound is tomorrow morning at 10am! I can't wait and am hoping for some GREAT news!! :)
  • Had my first ultrasound today and it went great! They first did a regular ultrasound, and I could barely see the tiny little 3 mm baby with it's flickering heart. Next, the technician went in vaginally and zoomed in a bit-- and there it was-- a tiny little baby and the heart beating away... she even let me hear the heartbeat! :)  It was 112 bpm. My due date is April 9th. Thank you for all of you who have stuck around to read my updates, and a happy and healthy 9 to everyone.

XOSmile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"