Philadelphia Babies

Newbie with a question about OBs

Hi! I've been married for a little over a year, went off the pill in Sept and really started trying a few months ago.  Got a BFN last month (annoyed bc I'm usually very regular and I was 2 days late).  I'm coming to the end of my tww and hoping for some good news.  I have a 9 year old step son who lives with us full time (he's awesome).

Now to my question: My OB/GYN just split off from the bigger practice.  I'm not sure if I should stick with her or stay with the group. I like her but I don't like that I wouldn't meet any of the other drs who might be on call. In the bigger practice, I would meet with each of the drs. I'm also considering switching completely.  Looking for someone (pref female for my main dr) who works out of Paoli or Bryn Mawr. Paoli would be easier for appts since I work really close to there. Anyone have any recs?  Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Newbie with a question about OBs

• I use Main Line OBGYN and am pretty happy with them. They have offices in Paoli, Strafford and Collegeville and they deliver at Paoli. I've met with all of the doctors that may deliver and haven't had any problems with any of them. There are a handful of male doctors, but you can request a female as your primary and you can control which doctor you see by scheduling your appointments on days when they have office hours. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to Bryn Mawr Womens Health and rotated between about 6-7 drs and NPs (they were so so in my opinion), so even with all the appts you have, I only met with each dr maybe 3 times during my pregnancy. When delivery day came, I didnt feel like I "knew" my dr much better than I would have if it was the first time I met her--and since multiple practices cover the hospital, its possible that no one from your practice will be on call when you go into labor and you will deliver with someone you've never met anyway. I wouldnt rec'd switching just for the point of knowing the dr that you deliver with. If there are other reasons like office hours, quality of care/service/technology, similar philosophy on pregnancy/breastfeeding/parenting etc, then sure, switch, but not just for the delivery situation.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I got to Holy Redeemer Women's Care.  It's a great practice and I love all of the doctors.Plus, Holy Redeemer maternity has a great reputation. Good luck!

https://www.holyredeemer.com/Main/findanob.aspx

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I use Main Line obgyn as well. Dr. Kakarla is my primary and Dr. Bussard delivered my DD. Everyone I met there is very nice. I've been going there since 2007
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have been seeing Dr Wilson with Great Valley OB/GYN...they have offices in Paoli and Exton and deliver at Paoli. A bunch of my friends recommended the practice (made up of 4 women) and I love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"