Multiples

Does anyone have the Safety 1st Two Way Tandem Stroller?

Hi Ladies! We are about to take a vacation at the end of the month and are looking for a cheaper stroller that we can get away with putting two infant car seats on. We have a DSNG and it is just enormous, long, hard to turn and I hate how low the seats are on it. I did a quick google search and saw the Safety 1st one that was relatively inexpensive and it seems to have the same set up as the BJ Stroller. We have a Phil and Ted's but we can't attach the infant seat to it so it is pointless until they are like 4-5 months and we need something for right now.

Does anyone have this? Does it really take two infant car seats? Would you recommend it? We also have a 2.5 year old that at times could get in and we could put one of the girls in a ergo or whatever.

Re: Does anyone have the Safety 1st Two Way Tandem Stroller?

• I dont not own the Tandem. But i love those strollers. I wish I would had waited to get it. Instead i got the combi.
  • Oooooh. This stroller is the bane of my existence. I would definitely put it on my "Do Not Recommend" list. It is huge, and extremely heavy, does not turn well and seems to have a mind of it's own when it comes to steering. It does accommodate 2 Safety First Designer 22 cars seats, but that makes the stroller unbelievable heavy. We only used it once with the car seats locked in.

I was not at all able to push this stroller with one hand. I found it cumbersome to fold and unfold.The sunshades were terrible and did not stay in place.

I did like that the seats could face each other, and when my girls got older they liked that too, but overall I was happy to get a new stroller. We have a Graco Duoglider now, and although the online reviews say that it is big and bulky, it is a DREAM compared to our Safety First stroller. The Duoglider also accommodates 2 carseats (Graco Snugrides... we have not used this feature).

I should add that we were given this stroller second hand, and it was likely an older model. It is possible that a newer version has been made and they may have ironed out the kinks. Good luck to you!

Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"