Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City Select Model Year

What is your opinion of the 2010 vs. 2011 City Select?  I have read through the changes and they don't seem super huge, but just curious if anyone has actually seen the difference because now that I'm looking I can't find any older models in the store.  The deals are great on slightly used ones on ebay though and I'm having a hard time justifying the extra money! 

Re: City Select Model Year

• Options
    We got 1 seat of each year. The 2011 model is for our 1 yo and I figured that LO#2 would be good with the 2010 model. The 2011 has a deeper seat. Can't remember what other features are different, but they kind of seem pretty much the same. Plus, 2010 are cheaper! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The 2010 seat will start to seem very small when LO hits the 12-16 month mark.  Definitely get the 2011.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're planning to use it as a double eventually, I would really recommend getting something else.  Reviews have been pretty bad, especially from people who have used other Baby Jogger strollers.  This post might help you, it has more reviews and offers some better alternatives.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I use my 2010 Select as a double and I love it.  My almost 3 year old fits just fine int the seat.  Granted he is on the small side, but he is by no way cramped.
  • Options
    I have the 2010 and LOVE it.  I have no complaints at all.  My 2 year old wears 3T clothes and is in the 82nd height percentile and has plenty of room to grow.  Alot of people don't realize there are 2 different canopy heights on the seats - yeah his head would be hitting the top on the first level, but he has lots of room on the top level. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• Options
    imagekatcarls:
    If you're planning to use it as a double eventually, I would really recommend getting something else.  Reviews have been pretty bad, especially from people who have used other Baby Jogger strollers.  This post might help you, it has more reviews and offers some better alternatives.
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but tested it out really well in the store. I'm surprised by the comments on its turning - I thought it was fabulous! After 6 months with a Double Snap & Go, though, I'd be happy driving a shopping cart. It's long, but no longer than any tandem I've seen out there. And being narrow enough to fit through aisles is worth the extra length to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you!  I have to say that I am really surprised by the negative comments in the other post.  I have obsessed over this purchase pretty much since I found out I was pg with #2 five months ago and even dragged my BF to the store with me because she has a baby and I wanted to try the strollers out.  I had pretty much talked myself into the B-Ready because it was a much better price, but EVERYTHING about the CS was SOOOO much better and easier to use!  And I am only 5'1", so the that is saying a lot!  I guess everyone has their own personal preferences, but to me this is the best stroller.  I just wish I could see a 2010 model in person because I don't want to be disappointed, but would love to save $!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"