3rd Trimester

Not feeling like eating.

Especially at supper time I have a problem of being hungry until I get supper cooked and my plate fixed then when I sit down to eat I don't feel like eating and even when I try to eat I don't feel like it. I usually wait a little bit then force myself to eat something so I can nurish my baby boy. Any ideas as to whats going on and/or how to fix it....I go to the dr on thursday so I will be talking to her then but wondered about ideas in the mean time.

Re: Not feeling like eating.

• I have the same problem....either lack of appetite all together or just not wanting what I make. My doc just told me to snack lots and eat lots of small meals all day and drink lots of water. Make sure you remember to take your vitamin and eat healthy!!! Small meals make it easier to eat then forcing a huge meal into the already cramped belly!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I haven't had an apetite since 6 weeks, but noticed that it amped up in the third trimester.
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat and keep losing weight because of it. I try to force myself to eat but then I get sick afterwards. I didn't have this in my first pregnancy, I was an eating machine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't really have any answers as to why its happening but I wanted you to know you're not alone! With my 1st LO I was like a trash compactor and would eat anything and everything in sight. With this LO I eat the bare minimum and still feel super full and sick afterwards. My only guess would be either the way the baby is positioned or the hormones. Like the PP said try to break your meals into a bunch of snacks instead (example, ill eat a little bit of dinner but save my salad for an hour or 2 later.)

Good luck with everything!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have not been eating much lately, either.  And when I do they are mostly cool raw fruits and veggies.

I am not worried, though.  I feel fine and just do what I can.  I also supplement with a protein shake when I feel I need to.  I have also been eating avocados, which have lots of healthy fats in them.

You baby will get what it needs from you. Just listen to your body and do what you can. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Me (33) DH (32) WFHM * Coffee & Beach Addict *Running is my Paxil*
  • This just started happening to me in the past couple of weeks.

I'll be hungry throughout the day but then around 5 or 6 in the evening I completely lose the desire or ability to eat without getting sick.

I'm just trying to eat as much as I want (within reason) during the day and not worry about it in the evening. I also go to bed much earlier and then wake up around 3am and have a small snack of a glass of milk and either a granola bar or a yogurt.

My midwife said that I don't need to worry about it so long as I am eating and I feel comfortable and energized.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is happening to me too.  I don't know about you, but for me, I've noticed that I don't need to eat as much as I think I do.  If I eat full portions, I usually end up feeling a lot of pressure in my lower belly.  I try to eat smaller meals and healthy snacks, if needed.  Usually I find that if I stop eating while I'm still slightly hungry, I end up feeling full later, and I have sustained energy throughout the day.  If I wait until I'm full to stop eating, I end up feeling too full, and really tired/gross.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"