August 2011 Moms

Anyone else doing this?

I have found myself giving in to almost whatever craving I'm having bc I know that once he's born it is major diet time for me for a loooong time. I'm sure it will take me a while to get the 50 pounds I've gained off.

I had McDonalds for dinner Friday and today DH and I got Cold Stone Creamery and I got sweet cream with Snickers mixed in. It was amazing!! Anyone else enjoying being able to eat what they really want with a good excuse these last few weeks?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else doing this?

• See "MMmm" post below lol
  • imagesptaylor91:
    See "MMmm" post below lol

Haha!! Yup...I am not alone:) Great now I want some frosting. Thanks! lol

• Loading the player...
  • OH YEAH! As I sit here munching on a plate of cheesy nachos! Before I got pregnant I had lost 50 lbs... so far I have put 21 of it back on and plan to loose way more than my 21 lbs in the year after LO is born.

Lately its been nachos, Riesens, ice cream, and anything from the local bakery! 

• I bought a 5lb bag of gummi bears this week. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been on a wicked donut kick the past few days... like 3-4 a day or so! I try and balance it by eating veggies... but then I just want another donut!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sometimes I wish I could eat whatever I wanted Sad GD sucks! 

However, I have found that I can have certain items at McDonalds for lunch and it gives me a good number. I like to have a grilled chicken snack wrap without the sauce and a medium french fries. Yum.

You better believe as soon as this baby is born I'm going to celebrate with my favorite pasta dish. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have GD, so for me it's more of a countdown of what I can eat AFTER the baby is born!  I'm going to give myself a few weeks to indulge all the cravings I've been resisting for the last few months, and then have to get back on the weight loss train.  Sooo looking forward to some pizza, wine, chips and queso, french fries, etc!  I may gain more weight AFTER pregnancy than during.  Tongue Tied
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • To an extent yes.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • *Raises hand*

I'm justifying it further with the fact that my weight has stabilized and been the same three appointments in a row.

// I love you too. //

• Yep!  I am on maternity leave which started last week and since I have the nursery in order and hospital bag packed I have been passing the time by staying glued to the Food Network and cooking everything that looks amazing to me!  Not only am I enjoying eating anything I want but I'm also enjoying grocery shopping and cooking since I know it will be a while before I have the time it takes to cook a gourmet dinner or dessert again.  It's been alot of fun!

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• I eat that way the entire 9 months!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh yes--especially since we are in the home stretch now---mine has been ice cream and cake lately :)  yum! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• THis is me for sure. It's been a steady diet of ice cream.Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well if you decide to breastfeed, dieting is OUT!  I am hungrier now that I am breastfeeding than when I was pregnant.  I look skinnier in the tummy now than I did before I was pregnant, but that's because of the huge boobs.  I have been pretty much eating what I want now, but I am craving a lot more healthier things than when I was pregnant.  It is MUCH easier to say no to the cookies now, but I still partake!
  • Oh me! I usually never eat sweets but I have had the biggest craving for ice cream, donuts, and cinnamon rolls. Not good! I have a gallon of drumstick ice cream in the freezer thatvi have almost polished off in two days...
  • I (sadly) haven't been able to eat like I need to thanks to my pain problem that stems from a Gastro issue I've had for years.  I feel like I'm back in the first tri where I had food adversions.....esp. to sweets.  I'm sure it's probably not a bad thing that I'm not wanting to eat junk, but I'm also just having trouble eating in general.  It scares me b/c I know at this point I need to be eating as well as possibly to help my LO grow!  I'm so scared that my pain and my inability to eat are causing my baby harm, so I am thankful that we are doing an amnio Wed and if her lungs are developed I could deliver by this weekend, which will hopefully help with the pain and allow me to eat well so I can breast feed :)
  • imageejmay01:
    I have GD, so for me it's more of a countdown of what I can eat AFTER the baby is born!  I'm going to give myself a few weeks to indulge all the cravings I've been resisting for the last few months, and then have to get back on the weight loss train.  Sooo looking forward to some pizza, wine, chips and queso, french fries, etc!  I may gain more weight AFTER pregnancy than during.  Tongue Tied

I'm in this boat, too!  I'm bringing a special candy bar to the hospital, and close family has instructions to bring me FOOD at the hospital.  I can't wait to have REAL ice cream with hot fudge, a cannoli, and other decadent desserts.  I'm SOOO glad that I'll be breastfeeding so I can at least have SOME room for extra calories. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Yesterday I had Wendy's for lunch with a Giant frosty.  Yes, we have to enjoy our last days while we can!  LOL
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejaredandjenny:
    Well if you decide to breastfeed, dieting is OUT!  I am hungrier now that I am breastfeeding than when I was pregnant.  I look skinnier in the tummy now than I did before I was pregnant, but that's because of the huge boobs.  I have been pretty much eating what I want now, but I am craving a lot more healthier things than when I was pregnant.  It is MUCH easier to say no to the cookies now, but I still partake!

This, this, this!! I am SO excited about BFing because you are ravenous and you burn calories like no other. BRING IT ON! 

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • I'm just going to respond by saying I've gained 5lb in the past week and that baked goods may or may not be directly involved.
  • imageJen&Peter:
    I eat that way the entire 9 months!

LOL i agree!! I haven't been watching my diet at all!! Whatever I wanted, I had. I justify it as this being the only time in my life that I CAN gain weight without getting a side eye from anyone. And after LO is born, it's back to my weight loss plan that I was on pre-pregnancy, I gotta get the 30lbs i gained from pregnancy off, PLUS 90 more to reach my original goal weight.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"