Breastfeeding

Belly bandit?

Has anyone used one of these with any success?  I am 1 week PP, I'm not too late to start using one, am I?  I thought I read somewhere on here a couple days ago that someone found a belly bandit at Motherhood Maternity for $20? Or was it just their brand of belly band? I've been looking online and I can't find them anywhere for cheaper than $45.95. TIA!  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly bandit?

• I found it pretty useless. I used it in the hospital and then ditched it when we went home. My belly shrank down pretty fast, and before I knew it I would have needed a smaller size. I just stopped using it.

That said, I will gladly sell you my barely used one for $20! It's a size medium Belly Bandit bamboo. PM me if you're interested. 

norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageutlawgirl:

I found it pretty useless. I used it in the hospital and then ditched it when we went home. My belly shrank down pretty fast, and before I knew it I would have needed a smaller size. I just stopped using it.

That said, I will gladly sell you my barely used one for $20! It's a size medium Belly Bandit bamboo. PM me if you're interested. 

YGPM :) 

• Loading the player...
  • I found it to be such a waste of money.  It was extremely uncomfortable and it looked very weird under my clothes...Plus it was extremely hot to wear.  I ended up wearing my spanx around instead which I thought were more breathable, comfortable and looked better under clothes.  I ended up selling mine BB after a month for half the price afterwards...it was such a waste.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used one. I think I wore it on and off for 3-4 weeks, starting immediately after delivery. It was OK. I found it pretty uncomfortable at times (the velcro was very itchy) and it did make my clothes look funny (it would often get little "waves" in it where it flexed where I sat/bended). My stomach did go back to nearly what it was before pregnancy, but I have no idea if that was due to the belly bandit or not. I would probably wear a binding again with a future pregnancy, but I think I would look for something more comfortable for the next time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I wore extra firm hold granny panties that covered my belly and hips for 8 straight weeks - ALL THE TIME except in the shower.  My hip and waist measurement went down below my PP measurements.  I think it really worked, and I paid $20 for 4 pair that I would wear over regular panties so I didn't have to wash them every single day.

As a disclaimer - I only gained about 20lbs with DS and due to EBFing I was 5 lbs below my PP weight within 3 months. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started wearing mine the day after delivery. I liked it for the support. I'm still wearing it almost daily, unless I go somewhere, bc it doesn't look good under your clothing. I think it probably helps a smidge, but time is probably more of a factor in shrinking my waist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"