Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Non clickie poll #2

What is one parenting tactic/method that you judge other moms for using/doing?

Re: Non clickie poll #2

• I get kinda judgy when a mom asked her child to stop doing somthing in public that is disturbing other people and she doesn't stop her child.

While at SS office this kid was running around, screaming and being very very obnosious. The mother asked him a dozen times to stop. But never took her eyes off of the magazine she was reading to actually stop him.

• I very much dislike raising of voices to try to get a child to listen...cursing...violence...maybe more but these are at the top of my list.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a good friend of mine come over tonight for a cookout... She has two boys.. I have an inflatable pool and let them swim this evening. I can't remember what her youngest boy did, but she took her studded belt off and hit him with it really hard across his belly. It left marks on him. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I know I should have said something but I was stunned. I felt so bad. I know I should have told her that was wrong but I didn't. I feel terrible about it. She told me," I dont care, I beat him, he doesn't listen". I hope I don't get flamed for not saying anything, But I just froze up. I will never let her watch my baby girl, that's for sure.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTaryn0127:
    I had a good friend of mine come over tonight for a cookout... She has two boys.. I have an inflatable pool and let them swim this evening. I can't remember what her youngest boy did, but she took her studded belt off and hit him with it really hard across his belly. It left marks on him. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I know I should have said something but I was stunned. I felt so bad. I know I should have told her that was wrong but I didn't. I feel terrible about it. She told me," I dont care, I beat him, he doesn't listen". I hope I don't get flamed for not saying anything, But I just froze up. I will never let her watch my baby girl, that's for sure.

I would have a hard time being friends with someone like that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kg_08kg_08 member

Using excessive force or screaming. One time I was at a store and there was a very well behaved child in the aisle. All he was doing was standing there, but as someone approached, his mom screamed at him to get out of the way as she grabbed his arm and yanked him around. That's burned in my mind forever.

I judge when kids have pacis over a year.. 18 months tops. There's just something about a child running around and trying to talk with that thing in their mouth that makes me cringe. It's not needed, let it go.

• imagejcole32444:

I get kinda judgy when a mom asked her child to stop doing somthing in public that is disturbing other people and she doesn't stop her child.

While at SS office this kid was running around, screaming and being very very obnosious. The mother asked him a dozen times to stop. But never took her eyes off of the magazine she was reading to actually stop him.

My MIL's neighbor is like this. We were there visiting her once a few weeks ago after she had her baby and her 3 year old was going nuts and acting up and she told him to go to his room for a time out, and instead of enforcing it she just left him tear around. He even threw a huge plastic toy and it landed about 6 inches from Ethan. I was pissed and we left a few minutes after that. I didn't want to risk him getting hurt.

• imagekdodge423:
    imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageTaryn0127:
    I had a good friend of mine come over tonight for a cookout... She has two boys.. I have an inflatable pool and let them swim this evening. I can't remember what her youngest boy did, but she took her studded belt off and hit him with it really hard across his belly. It left marks on him. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless. I know I should have said something but I was stunned. I felt so bad. I know I should have told her that was wrong but I didn't. I feel terrible about it. She told me," I dont care, I beat him, he doesn't listen". I hope I don't get flamed for not saying anything, But I just froze up. I will never let her watch my baby girl, that's for sure.

Not only would I not be friends with them, I'd be reporting their ass for child abuse.

What KDodge said. Definitely.

I also judge moms who are just mean to their kids. I was at Walmart the other day and this mom had two kids with her, a boy 8ish and a girl 6ish. They were acting just fine. But she was just yelling at them through gritted teeth. "Get over here. Don't move. Shut up. If you have to go to the bathroom then go but otherwise, stand there and don't move!"

This woman was a real piece of work. I soooo wanted to ovary punch her. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Violence and swearing. I'm a live and let live kind of gal, but violence and swearing I can't stand.

Edit: I swear, more than I should. But not AT my child, or anyone else for that matter. I think if you swear when you are angry, it's like violence with words.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • turning the car seat around too soon.

feeding your kid junk to "keep them quiet"

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • imagehonkytonk_kid:

imageTaryn0127:

Indifferent

Yeah. we would not be friends.

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"