April 2012 Moms

I'm a hypocrite

It started before my BFP. I always rolled my eyes when someone said, "Is a line really a line??" Then I laughed while people freaked out about everything they're eating and drinking.

Now.... when I got my BFP, I was freaking out if the line was a "line" or an evap line. Once I established "pregnant," I've been panicking about everything I'm eating and drinking. I never thought I would be terrified of coffee, diet drinks, pop in general, lunch meat, soft serve and any type of medicine! 

Meanwhile, I watch my 6 month pregnant SIL smoke a pack a day, while eating her deli sandwiches with her third cup of coffee. 

Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I'm a hypocrite

• I want to punch women who smoke while they are pregnant.  It is the most selfish thing they can do.

I will admit, I'm not as freaked out about what I eat as I was with #1.  I drank diet coke my entire pregnancy with #2 because I had a toddler and I was tired! 

With this one I just hope I can remember to eat!!!!!  Thankfully we eat pretty healthy since I've got a toddler that I'm cooking for all of the time, but if you have a lunch meat sandwich from time to time, you will be ok.  Promise. :)

• imageSteelCity44:

It started before my BFP. I always rolled my eyes when someone said, "Is a line really a line??" Then I laughed while people freaked out about everything they're eating and drinking.

Now.... when I got my BFP, I was freaking out if the line was a "line" or an evap line. Once I established "pregnant," I've been panicking about everything I'm eating and drinking. I never thought I would be terrified of coffee, diet drinks, pop in general, lunch meat, soft serve and any type of medicine! 

Yes

I did have coffee today though... it was amazing. I think I am going to stick to a cup a day!

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTheOriginalSP:

I want to punch women who smoke while they are pregnant.  It is the most selfish thing they can do.

I will admit, I'm not as freaked out about what I eat as I was with #1.  I drank diet coke my entire pregnancy with #2 because I had a toddler and I was tired! 

With this one I just hope I can remember to eat!!!!!  Thankfully we eat pretty healthy since I've got a toddler that I'm cooking for all of the time, but if you have a lunch meat sandwich from time to time, you will be ok.  Promise. :)

Haha! Thanks. DH wanted a celebratory Blizzard once we found out. Today I realized that it's freaking soft serve! (I know it is, but I just didn't put it all together.) Now that it's starting to feel real, I'm so afraid of doing anything stupid! 

Micah Leonard
  • I must live under a rock.  Pregnant women can't have soft serve??  Why?  I ate blizzards like they were going out of style when I was pregnant with #2.
  • i completely know what you mean!  i've always said that i wouldn't be so strict (heck. our moms ate all kinds of things and we're all fine). Now, i'm probably reading too much and basically, everything can be bad.  someone on here mentioned what cosmetics you can use (hadn't thought about that) and next thing you know, i'm questioning wearing deodorant!  i need to stay off Google!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• imageTheOriginalSP:
    I must live under a rock.  Pregnant women can't have soft serve??  Why?  I ate blizzards like they were going out of style when I was pregnant with #2.

It's the same thing as with lunch meat: listeria potential.

https://www.suite101.com/content/softserve-ice-cream-and-pregnancy-a64166 

Micah Leonard
  • imageMoneypenny424:
    i need to stay off Google!

Yes Me, too! 

Micah Leonard
  • imageTheOriginalSP:
    I must live under a rock.  Pregnant women can't have soft serve??  Why?  I ate blizzards like they were going out of style when I was pregnant with #2.

Oh there's a tiny chance if the machine isn't cleaned right for Listeria, frickin Listeria. I think it was more a big deal overseas, honestly. Blizzards were all I could eat a lot of first tri last time! My office never said anything about it.

I still eat deli meat and drink soda, too. Though not a lot. I'm not a huge soda person, but the carbonation helps with nausea!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Ok I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of Listeria, but come on.  I have never ever ever met anyone (not even on TB) who had an issue with Listeria. 

Everything in moderation people.  Don't go licking every soft serve machine in town, but a blizzard or two isn't going to hurt.  And I love me some Subway!

• imageSteelCity44:

Meanwhile, I watch my 6 month pregnant SIL smoke a pack a day, while eating her deli sandwiches with her third cup of coffee. 

I've been the same way. Everything I put in my mouth I second guess. I haven't been very hungry either, and that's been worrying me since I know you have to eat a little bit more than normal. I think it's because it's so new and the books/google make everything sound life threatening. I'm sure we'll be fine but hey it doesn't hurt to be cautious either. Thankfully there are a lot of second time mommas on this board to let us know that there's no need to panic :)

• imageTheOriginalSP:

Ok I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of Listeria, but come on.  I have never ever ever met anyone (not even on TB) who had an issue with Listeria. 

Everything in moderation people.  Don't go licking every soft serve machine in town, but a blizzard or two isn't going to hurt.  And I love me some Subway!

This! I have switched to half-caf. coffee. Still eating lunch meat. Would eat the hell out of some soft serve if I could find some. People gave birth for a million years before anyone knew what germs were. It's gonna be OK. With my first pregnancy, I worried about everything right away too. It will ease up.

pregnancy due date Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • imageTheOriginalSP:

Ok I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of Listeria, but come on.  I have never ever ever met anyone (not even on TB) who had an issue with Listeria. 

Ha. This is what I was thinking. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm giving up my ice cream. Or cake batter. Or ham sandwiches. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • uggg.. I have a chef salad every day at work!! :( Here I am trying to eat salads.. and I cant have diced lunch meat on it?!?!WTF! Well Im eating them anyways!!! lol... Thankfully Im lactose intollerant so the blizzards are out of the question.. but I am paranoid to use cleaning chemicals.. then again I dont like to clean period.. last night I Was mopping my floors with gloves and a facemask... DH said I was being ridiculous...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Whhaaat??? No soft serve?  Man, we can't eat anything!  LOL, I had a hotdog yesterday but told my husbad to cook the heck out of it.  I think I'll still get frostys from Wendy's :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageLaouli:
    uggg.. I have a chef salad every day at work!! :( Here I am trying to eat salads.. and I cant have diced lunch meat on it?!?!WTF! Well Im eating them anyways!!! lol... Thankfully Im lactose intollerant so the blizzards are out of the question.. but I am paranoid to use cleaning chemicals.. then again I dont like to clean period.. last night I Was mopping my floors with gloves and a facemask... DH said I was being ridiculous...

Haha! My parents just bought a second house (rental property for my sister) and the person that was living in it was sent to jail 2 years ago. They've been emptying the house of all of her vodka bottles and crap that was laying around the house (including 2 year old dirty dishes). I offered to help when they closed, but that was before by BFP. Now, I told them I'll help only with a mask, gloves and goggles! I'm known as a bit of a queen to begin with, so they aren't to suspicious! 

Micah Leonard
  • imageMoneypenny424:
    someone on here mentioned what cosmetics you can use (hadn't thought about that) and next thing you know, i'm questioning wearing deodorant!  i need to stay off Google!

Haha! ;) 

• imagephotonbug:

Whhaaat??? No soft serve?  Man, we can't eat anything!  LOL, I had a hotdog yesterday but told my husbad to cook the heck out of it.  I think I'll still get frostys from Wendy's :D

Oh MAN does a frosty sound good right now.  My DH is coming home around 2, I may have to call him.  Big Smile

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"