Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

When did your LO have bloodwork done?

DS is 18 months and has never had bloodwork done. Should he have had it by now?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did your LO have bloodwork done?

• He had it done at 15 months, but he was sick with mono, so I am not sure if they did it just to test him or if they would have done it anyway (it was during his 15m checkup that his mono was discovered).  They checked more than if he had mono at that time, though.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • MrsSRMrsSR member
    Besides at birth, she had bloodwork done at 9 months to check her iron levels.
  • Loading the player...
  • Liam has never had a full work up that I can remember but he gets his toe pricked at every well check (since 6 months) because of his anemia.  She did the first one just as a precautionary measure at 6 months because she said that is the time when the infant has used up all the iron stores from the mother and you can see dips around that age.  He's always been low so he gets pricked each visit.

image image
  • DS had blood work done just before his 12mo well visit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it was 9 months when DD had an iron and lead level checked.  She had a complete blood count when she was ill.  Other than that she won't have anymore blood work until her 2 year appointment (lead level and chicken pox titer).
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Yes at 9 months to check iron. We did not do lead because we live in a newer home.
  • Pedi wanted a full work-up at his 12 month well check but we had a bad experience with the tech and we haven't been back.

Some places just prick the feet, but our Pedi wanted a vial to check iron, etc.

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• DS hasn't had one other than the blood work they do shortly after birth, oh and a week after birth because of his jaundice.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsSR:
    Besides at birth, she had bloodwork done at 9 months to check her iron levels.

This. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"