April 2012 Moms
Options

The transition from one to two...

I won't lie.  The first few months are brutal.  Flat out brutal.  But after that it gets to be so much easier!  And once you get into a routine and once your new baby starts to interact more with the older one it's just awesome!!!!! 

I love how my girls love each other.  It's the best feeling in the world!  You guys will get to the good part soon enough. :)

Re: The transition from one to two...

• Options
    sam19sam19 member
    I have a feeling my daughter will try to smother the new baby with kindness. She's already a little mommy herself. She absolutely loves holding new babies and likes to put in pacifiers (and not always in the mouth). I know it'll be better then a child that hates the baby but it still will probably be a little annoying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Options

imagesam19:
    I have a feeling my daughter will try to smother the new baby with kindness. She's already a little mommy herself. She absolutely loves holding new babies and likes to put in pacifiers (and not always in the mouth). I know it'll be better then a child that hates the baby but it still will probably be a little annoying.

My son is the same way. When my friend had a baby, DS was SO concerned about it.  If the baby cried, DS would run from their play room to pat his back or hold his bottle. It will be cute....but annoying sometimes.  He's pretty good at being gentle with our dogs (100lb, 85lbs, 75lbs), but being gentle enough for a baby will be totally different!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For DD we got her the little set of baby stuff (PNP, carseat, changing pad, etc) so that when I did all of those things with the new baby, she could do all of those things with her baby.  It worked awesome!  We didn't give her the presents until we brought the baby home from the hospital but once she saw that she had the same stuff to use for her baby, she didn't try to do everything with the real baby. 

• Options
    imageTheOriginalSP:

For DD we got her the little set of baby stuff (PNP, carseat, changing pad, etc) so that when I did all of those things with the new baby, she could do all of those things with her baby.  It worked awesome!  We didn't give her the presents until we brought the baby home from the hospital but once she saw that she had the same stuff to use for her baby, she didn't try to do everything with the real baby. 

That's so sweet! And such a great idea. Right now DD just thinks babies are animals. She goes around play group occasionally petting the younger siblings. I guess at least she's gentle!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My DS likes to look at babies. He points to them and says "baby" about 200 times, scrunching up his eyebrows and trying to figure out what they were doing. He's a rough player, that's what I worry about. He got a hold of my friend's daughter's doll once and tried to rip the arms off of itIndifferent. I figure I have plenty of time to get him ready, but I probably won't really start talking to him about the baby until maybe we find out the sex, you know, give it a name?
    pregnancy due date Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I didn't find the first few months to be that bad at all.  What killed me was having a 1 and a 3 y/o.  Highly recommend slings for the NB, they were a life saver for me. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"