February 2012 Moms
Options

I'm appreciated!

Before I got pregnant, I did most of the cleaning, yardwork, and "handyman" things around the house. DH does the cooking, some of the cleaning, and shopping and running errands. This set-up has always worked so well for us. 

Since getting pregnant, I haven't been able to do as much due to morning sickness, fatigue, and not being able to lift heavy things. Well, today, DH said he never realized how much I used to do and actually said, "Thanks for all the hard work you put into our home"!! He's been doing a great job picking up the slack, and now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm kinda getting used to it. 

Are you still able to keep up with the housework that you did before? How do you manage?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Expecting #2 In June 2014
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I'm appreciated!

• Options

I still clean the house but my husband has been doing the bathrooms just so that I don't have to deal witht he fumes being contained in that area.

That was really sweet of your husband to say to you!   :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    Nope, I have been majorly slacking recently. Though, I will say since I got my sickness under control things have been better, but now Im just so lazy! LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've felt like I've been in a fog and just "surviving" in terms of housework and chores for the last couple months. DH has been picking up any necessary slack, but last week I was on bedrest for a few days and he was doing everything (without complaint).

I'm FINALLY feeling better... made breakfast yesterday, did TONS of laundry, went to the grocery store for major shopping today and making dinner now. I just asked him tonight how it felt to have a wife back? LOL

Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Your husband is sweet for thanking you for your contributions.

I'm still doing the same amount of housework.  I have no idea how I'm getting it all done.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I do all the housework, handyman stuff, cooking, and shopping (everything except mowing but I do the weed wacking). I was MAJORLY slacking. Last week when I had a 2 day long migraine, the dishes were stacked up, and I was knee deep in dog hair.

I just try and get a head start on stuff when I do have energy and feel good. I tried cleaning the bathrooms today but it ended up giving me a headache, so I might have to see if DH can do that chore. We are already preparing the hire out help when we get close to time to have the baby and after.

Married November 2007
    DH became a double above knee amputee with traumatic brain injury (TBI) - July 2009
    TTC - August 2009 DX: Severe MFI & TF due to TBI
    DH SA 0 count, started clomid therapy - November 2010
    DH SA 0 count, increased clomid dosage - January 2011
    DH SA 75 million with 60% motility!! - May 2011
    IVF with ICSI ONLY OPTION - May 2011
    3dt of 2 Grade A 8&7 cell embryos May 19, 2011
    +HPT May 30 2011 -- Memorial Day!
    Beta #1 = 34 Beta #2 = 101.8 Beta #3 = 603!
    Expecting beautiful Eden Grace February 7, 2012!
    I don't believe that God ever tells us "no". he has three options. Yes, not right now, or I have something better in mind. We just have to wait & see. BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How sweet! I know- DH has been so sweet and trying to help out more as well! You are appreciated~
  • Options
    Ohh very sweet!! Hopefully he'll help after the baby too!! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Awww, what a sweet thing for him to say! <3

Me, er, well. I've been so bloody exhausted that getting on the computer is about all I've been good for some days. :-/ So I've been doing the bare subsistence level of housework! I need to get my butt back into gear, though!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I lucked out in that H normally works early mornings, and then is in school all day, but he is out of school for the summer.   Usually I do most of the cooking, shopping, etc., and we share the cleaning.  Since he gets home from work so early, he now does EVERYTHING!  I pretty much sleep and eat what he cooks for me :)  I'm so tired after working all day, I just can't handle much else.  As I'm getting near the end of the 1st tri, I'm trying to get my butt in gear and be more helpful, since I know I'll have to buck up once he goes back to school.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"