December 2011 Moms

We're Not Moving!

So last night DH and I pretty much decided we're not going to move when our lease is up in October, yay!

He wanted to, and I was against it. First of all, moving while nearly 9 months pregnant isn't my idea of fun, and I like the convenience of the suburbs and the size of our place for the amount we pay is pretty awesome. He wanted to move to the city of Chicago to cut down his commute time to work.

We weighed the options, and unless we find an incredible place in the city, we're staying put! 

I'm excited about not moving, and now I can get excited about the nursery! We have the furniture, but haven't put it together yet in case we were going to move. I have to go through our 2nd bedroom and condense a lot of my craft stuff that is in there to make room for baby, but I'm so excited to do it now!

Ok, just had to share, hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

Re: We're Not Moving!

• woohoo! Moving is a nightmare! I think the next time we move which will be in about a year and a half. Im hiring my brother and all his college buddies to do all the work. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live in the far NW suburbs of Chicagoland and I would not even consider moving to Chicago like I wanted to when I was younger. :(  Not with kids and all the violence going on, it's not the safest place to be right now.  Plus the extra stress living right in the city causes plus the cost. Ugg...it seems the suburbs are the place to be right now anyway!  So good for you, enjoy not stressing about a move and getting your nursery in order. Big SmileYes 
  • Loading the player...
  • I currently am living in the far south suburbs and our lease goes up in February, which means that we would have to move with a one month old baby. Luckily, our landlord okayed us to have a six month lease kind of thing for after that. We too are considering moving to in the city because I really want to get a teaching job there and recently acquired my degree. However, if I don't get hired in there, then we are going to move on to somewhere, anywhere else that will hire me full time as an elementary teacher. I completely understand about being hesitant about going all out about the nursery, as I feel the same way about setting ours up. I am focusing more on stable things, and have definitely decided there will be no painting. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yay - great to hear! I wouldnt like moving at 9 months pregnant either so I don't blame you, and yippee on being able to start your nursery now :)

Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• I'm moving at the end of the month. I would rather not have to move but our apartment just isn't big enough for us and a baby along with all DH's army crap that takes up an entire bedroom by itself so we don't have much of an option. Although I will be glad to get away from our really noisy neighbors and get into a house. Actually getting to set up your nursery will be fun :)
  • imageVMichonski:
    I live in the far NW suburbs of Chicagoland and I would not even consider moving to Chicago like I wanted to when I was younger. :(  Not with kids and all the violence going on, it's not the safest place to be right now.  Plus the extra stress living right in the city causes plus the cost. Ugg...it seems the suburbs are the place to be right now anyway!  So good for you, enjoy not stressing about a move and getting your nursery in order. Big SmileYes 

I live in the the NW part of the city and I absolutely love it! We live in an area that has a ton of young families so there are parks every couple of blocks and it's incredibly quiet (which I will even admit surprises us sometimes). Most the violence in the city is concentrated in the south and west parts of the city - so yeah, you have to avoid those parts. We lived in the far, far south suburbs for a few years and find the conveniences of city living to be much less stressful than living in the 'burbs. Plus, my husband's commute went from 2 1/2 hours a day to 1 hour a day which means that we get to spend more time together Big Smile.

I get that city living is not for everyone but I wanted to offer a different perspective. 

OP - I completely get not wanting to move in October - that would be a nightmare! Plus now you get to start on your nursery...I am dying to do that but we have to wait until my sister moves out of the second bedroom in a couple of weeks. You are so creative that I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • I totally get not wanting to move!  We moved in August of 2007, and I was due in October.  It was horrible!  Yay for being able to stay put! I'm an hour from the city, and while I LOVE Chicago, I love having distance too.  I wanted to live there when I was in college, but now with kids?  Nope! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"