Trying to Get Pregnant

just got off minipill..have some questions

I just got off the minipill after about 1 year. I have a 13mo old and am bf 2x a day still, i got my period the last 3 months on the pill regularly, I have my period now and have stopped the pill. did anyone find that once they went off the pill their period was heavier, also did it last for longer? additionally did you hear anything about going off the mini pill messing up ovulation even after getting your period. thanks sorry if its confusing.

Re: just got off minipill..have some questions

• Sorry - what is a minipill?  Haven't heard of this at all - then again I've been of bc for almost 3 years now (was on pill, patch, pill)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagescatteredtrees:

imagemcromer:
    Sorry - what is a minipill?  Haven't heard of this at all - then again I've been of bc for almost 3 years now (was on pill, patch, pill)

It's a progestin only pill, usually prescribed to breastfeeding mothers.

Gotcha thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in a similar boat, off the mini pill for 3 months, and still BF 2x/day. Also i started getting AF about 6 months ago but it was very light.

since off the minipill: its been slighly heavier, and longer but still not back to pre-LO. (but could also be b/c right before i went off i went from 3x/day to 2x/day BF, and every time i dropped a sessions AF was heavier)

The big thing i've noticed it pms is a lot worse.

My dr, didnt say is would "mess up" ovulation like the pill, but since i'm still nursing some, that could. And its possible to not ovulate until i'm completing down BF and even for a couple months after that. But some get pg while nursing, so it completely varies by person.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"