Multiples
Options

In a room full of singleton moms, do you always feel like the one who

Is constantly jumping out of your chair after one or the other? I'm by myself a lot of the time when we go out to play, so I feel like I'm constantly saying "come back closer to me", "put that down", "get that out of your mouth", "no hitting"....etc. One of the other mothers looked at me and told me I needed to have a glass of wine. I wanted to tell her to have a big glass of "shut the hell up." Usually I keep them in the yard where it's fenced and I don't have to worry about them. But recently I've been trying to get braver and take them out to they playground (so they can play with other kids) where its not fenced, but they DO go in different directions, they like to run around with sticks, they don't really know how to share with the other kids yet or wait their turn and since I have 2...I feel like I'm always on someone while the other mothers sit and have a drink and chat.

Re: In a room full of singleton moms, do you always feel like the one who

• Options

imagePolofsky:
    Is constantly jumping out of your chair after one or the other? I'm by myself a lot of the time when we go out to play, so I feel like I'm constantly saying "come back closer to me", "put that down", "get that out of your mouth", "no hitting"....etc. One of the other mothers looked at me and told me I needed to have a glass of wine. I wanted to tell her to have a big glass of "shut the hell up." Usually I keep them in the yard where it's fenced and I don't have to worry about them. But recently I've been trying to get braver and take them out to they playground (so they can play with other kids) where its not fenced, but they DO go in different directions, they like to run around with sticks, they don't really know how to share with the other kids yet or wait their turn and since I have 2...I feel like I'm always on someone while the other mothers sit and have a drink and chat.

This made me LOL!!

I am not at this age yet but I know that I will feel the same way I am sure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes! This is why I joined a playdate group for MoMs. We wrangle each other's kids and never are able to sit down.

Birds of a feather stick together!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsLntMrsLnt member
    Yep. My singleton mom friend just does.not.get.it. I much prefer the playdates with MoM friends where we're all outnumbered by our kids.
  • Options
    LOL yeah even when I take my girls on MoM park playdates, their kids are not quite as mobile yet. Now I can't even keep up with my girls going in different directions outdoors anymore. Daddy will have to take them to the park from now till the baby comes.
  • Options

I hadn't thought about this, my guys aren't quite there yet. But they're definitely moving around now and I feel like I am constantly getting up and down if I'm not already down playing with them.

But on the plus side, it's doing fabulous things for my butt. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel like that too! I belong to a playgroup and I'm the only MoM. We've been getting together weekly for almost a year, so the moms know I'm not really that high strung and that it's different having twins. Thankfully, they're very understanding and are really helpful too. Now that the girls are crazy active and I'm pg and slow, I bring our babysitter with us to swim playdates and to large playgrounds. We're each responsible for one baby. It's amazing how much I get to hang out with the other moms and chat when I only have one baby to follow! They've got it so easy! :)
  • Options
    I could have totally written this post.  Yes, you are not the only one there.
  • Options
    One time with DS1 (when he was 2) we were at a first birthday party and he went over to this little half moon table and looked like he was going to start shaking it, and I went to grab him and he ran off in the other direction at that same time the birthday boy climbed up my leg and I looked at my friends husband and asked if he could grab his kid so I could go chase after mine, and he says to me, "You need to just chill out." I thought to myself, "Yeah sure, your kid isn't even walking yet, you have no idea"
  • Options
    I also could have written this post Big Smile
  • Options
    Definitely!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    Some of my singleton moms act is if I should just chill a bit, but if I don't stay on top of it, that's when someone is hurt.  I do however, have a couple of friends that help me wrangle my kids, those are the ones I prefer to get together with.  Oddly enough, they still hang out with us...lol.  My trio are monkeys to say the least, I can't breath for even a second.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers Beta #1 9/23= 81 on 10dpo 1st u/s 10/1/09=too early 2nd u/s scheduled for 10/14/09=3 heartbeats...OMG 2 BOYS & a GIRL!!!! Triplets born 33w,4 d due to PRE-E 4 pounds, 5 oz. each Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"