Special Needs

dyes and food coloring

do you cut these out and do notice a difference? what happens if dc eats them?

ds seems to be very hyper (I know he's 4 but it's a different kind of silly and hyperness then normal.  

Last week I took out dyes and swear I noticed he was so much more easy going. Then he had a dora shaped popsicle with red 40, blues, and greens. the next 2 days were hellish.... I was embarrassed at a play date and the a birthday party. we are trying to do dye free again. Not sure if it was in my head or it helped his behavior 

Re: dyes and food coloring

• There is a lot of research out there that links both dyes and preservatives to hyperactivity, behavior problems, etc. and even cancer. My DD can't takes dyes at all. We took her off and her behavior immediately improved. At Christmas someone gave her an orange snowball and she literally screeched for 4 days and her behavior was horrible. My dh was begging for a padded room for all of us : /. For information on the research and effectively implimenting a diet, feingold.com is a great resource. Check out their overview.
  • My mom swears that I was A.W.E.F.U.L. as a toddler until she changed my diet and got rid of all the artificial colors and sugars.

I still have very fond memories of Tang. Crying

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"