walking before teeth — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

walking before teeth

Anyone else have LOs who have no teeth at 10 months, and are walking around! lol. I just cant believe she walks already and then smiles her big gummy mouth at me. I want her to get teeth so she will reduce her insane teething, but then again i kinda enjoy not having to worry about teeth while BF still, lol.

BTW: am I supposed to brush her gums with a baby toothbrush? or jsut wait for teeth to come in.

thanks!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: walking before teeth

• My DD is 10 months with  no teeth, but she isn't walking yet.  Thank goodness, the crawling is enough to keep up with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Stop and smell the flowers

• Same here...she walks with us holding her hands and doesn't "crawl" but certainly makes her way around.

Our Pedi. told us at her 9 month appt. to just start putting a wet toothbrush in her mouth, just to get her used to the feel, etc.

BFP#1- 2/12/10 DD born 10/20/10
     BFP#2- 7/27/13 EDD- 4/5/13 CP 8/4/13 @ 5weeks1day
     BFP#3- 12/1/13 EDD- 8/10/14

• thanks ladies! ya, i cant believe she is walking at 9 months... she is CRAZY now! i thought crawling was bad, she is soo fast, lol. that plus she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth= one crazy tired momma lol .  I'll have to start the toothbrush now ... i am sure that will not go over too well ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kg_08kg_08 member

DD is 11 months. Still no teeth to be found, and just started walking.

You can stick a wet wash cloth in there to kinda wipe around, even if just to get LO used to something like that in their mouth. I don't usually though.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    [/url]imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, my DD is 12 months, no teeth, fully walking :) DS (who is now 9yrs) was walking at 10 months and didn't get his first tooth until 13 months!! Guess it runs in the family. They say the later the teeth come in the stronger. DS has had no cavities yet!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD has 8 teeth but won't walk or crawl at 9 and a half months....so I have the reverse problem
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards