Breastfeeding

6 week old with green poops

My DS is 6 weeks old and for the past couple of days his poops have been green. I read that this is a foremilk/hindmilk imbalance but I'm not really sure what this means and how to fix it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 6 week old with green poops

• https://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/foremilk-hindmilk.html This explains formilk/hindmilk imbalance. Are you switching breasts during a feeding? Try letting your son feed from one breast until he unlatches himself. Then burp if that's what you do, or give him a short break and then offer him the other breast.

If you are pumping a lot I would cut it down a bit because you may be dealing with an over supply. It will even itself out eventually. As long as he isn't losing weight you don't have to worry.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Another possibility is your diet. DS had green poop and his pedi told me to cut out milk and scale back on other dairy, and he has "regular-colored" poop once i did that. Just a suggestion...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My dd had green poop for awhile, and it was when I was eating a ton of veggies.  (my health kick ended after like 3-4 weeks, and now when I eat junk, she gets the yellow seedy stuff).  She even pooped out while ds and I were at the doctor, so the doctor saw it and said it looked normal and she wouldn't worry about it.  Could be that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"