Babies on the Brain

s/o Bare Minerals makeup

So I have heard great things about this makeup and the post below got me thinking about it again.  I think I'm going to order the starter kit.  I was wondering what color to order?  I have super fair skin so does that mean I order the fair?  Or the light?  Also, I don't really understand what the tinted mineral veil is.  Is that like primer or foundation?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o Bare Minerals makeup

• Their website has a thing where you pick a couple pictures that are like your skin tone and it gives you some guidance. Also, I got my kit at ulta - the fair one has two different foundation colors, fair and fairly light (it sounds like the starter kit might vary depending on where you get it).

I *think* the point of the mineral veil is to sort of keep everything in place - it's the last part you put on, and it's not a heavy tint, I think it's lighter than even the fair foundation.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • jenickjenick member
    Without seeing your skin color it's tough....do you have a Sephora near you?  They carry it. 
    image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It woukd be best if you could get to a store so someone can help you. Is there one near you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ENI36ENI36 member
    Yup, I think there's probably one somewhere around here.  I guess I'll check it out.  Thanks for the info.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You probably want Fair or Fairly Light.  Light has strong yellow undertones and is actually better for lighter-skinned Asian complexions.  

They have a butt load of shades now in the full-sized foundations that were just added maybe a year and a half ago, but most of the starter kits are more limited in the shade ranges.

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I would go to the BE store or Sephora (if you have them near you).  They will best help you get it right the first time which is worth it since it's a bit pricey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love Bare Minerals. I went to the BE store and had them do my makeup for me before my wedding, then I did it myself on the day of. I still wear Bare Minerals makeup. JCPenney sometimes has Sephora inside the store, but the selection is not always available. I definitely recommend the product though!
    Because you're mine, I walk the line....
    Landry Mark: 11/5/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"