Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Starting Ferber tonight and...

(posting from 3-6 figuring more people here have done Ferber already)

LO hasn;t cried yet at all - but rather is just hanging out in there... I wonder how long she will just hang out? I just let her be - right? Now its been 35 minutes.. Im assuming eventually she will fall asleep or get pissed off and cry for me... lol this isnt what I was expecting !

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting Ferber tonight and...

• Yes let her stay in there! Don't go in! It is great that she is content by herself for so long. She will probably start fussing and then start counting from there, but if she just falls asleep, LUCKY YOU!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DEFINITELY let her be, especially since she seems so content. We did a variation of CIO/Ferber and it was probably the single best thing we've done for ourselves and for our son. Luckily it took about 3 nights of it, and each night got progressively better... he cried 4 times the first night, 2 the second night and slept until 5am - had a bottle - and went back to sleep until 7:45am on the third night.

Everyone has different things that work for them and their babies, but I personally had a hard time at first, but knew it was better for my child to cry a little but learn to sleep on his own in the future. <3 GOOD LUCK :)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the advice ladies!! Going on 1 hour and 20 minutes of hanging out but shes pretty quiet Im wondering if she fell asleep with no crying but I seriosuly can NOT be that lucky! I wish I had a video monitor about now! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can be that lucky! It does happen sometimes. I have just transitioned my LO to his crib from his rNp and he is doing the same thing. Plays around for awhile -- first time was about an hr -- then he falls asleep. He wakes up about and hr after hes asleep because he needs a diaper change and then goes right back out. He has his days of course but we have been very lucky. I attribute it to having a very established and regular schedule with him. Good luck and leave her be. I always leave his door open enough so that I can turn the hallway light on to check on him without physically going in the room. 

Photobucket
  • imageMissSunny42:
    Yes let her stay in there! Don't go in! It is great that she is content by herself for so long. She will probably start fussing and then start counting from there, but if she just falls asleep, LUCKY YOU!!

This.  Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"