Georgia Babies

Would I be totally OCD

if when packing Abigail's bag to stay at the grandparents for 5 days, I put each outfit in individual ziploc bags so they know what the outfits are?? You seriously wouldn't think it was rocket science but my parents and inlaws cant seem to put outfits together even though they are already put together in the suitcase! Abigail spent the night at my inlaws the other night and when I picked her up from school, she was wearing jeans 3 sizes too big rolled up to her knees and practically falling down. I packed her khaki shorts to wear. I just don't want people to think I dress my child like a looney toon :op
Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Would I be totally OCD

• K&P414K&P414 member

I usually just fold stuff together, like lay out the shorts, panties, top, hairbow all on top of each other and then fold it in half. 

• imageK&P414:

I usually just fold stuff together, like lay out the shorts, panties, top, hairbow all on top of each other and then fold it in half. 

That's exactly what I do too!

• Loading the player...
  • Dont pack the jeans that are three sizes too big! 
  • A little but.........I think that is just smart packing ;) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's smart packing :)  My husband, parents, MIL, etc can never seem to put the outfits together, even when they are stacked together in the bag.  And as much time, effort, and money as I put into buying them cute clothes, I want them to be put on them the way they are supposed to be.  I like your baggie idea, and when it comes to packing for Lauren one day (and includes bows and more than one pair of sneakers or crocs like the boys, I'm totally going to do it!)
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Haha, I have done that!  I even went the extra step to make an excel spreadsheet showing what went with what, and exactly how many pieces of each item (shorts, tops, hairbows, etc.).  I would cringe everytime I saw pictures of her at family functions with her grandparents completely mismatched.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nope, not at all. Both my parents and IL's seem to put the kids in the most mismatched outfit possible when they dress them so I'm definitely doing this when we have them stay with them. I have always done the folding idea with the shirt and socks folded up inside the matching shorts to indicate it's an outfit but it never seems to get on him like that. Thanks for the idea!
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • I just throw all the clothes in the suitcase and hope they have a nice time.  If they end up mismatched then oh well, my Mom did me a favor.
  • Hahaha- Gavin usually comes home in pj pants and some random t-shirt.  Or no shirt at all.  Talk about redneck.  I don't worry about it though.  As long as he has a good time :-)  Of course, I also took him to J Christophers yesterday in his pj's and crocs- lol.  At least I managed to change out of my pj pants and into yoga pants.  Klassy.  For Sophie, I still send her 1 piece outfits so there is no matching to be done.  Same thing at daycare.  Man, they come up with some crazy outfits if I send anything other than 1 piece outfits.

• imageebearwife:
    I just throw all the clothes in the suitcase and hope they have a nice time.  If they end up mismatched then oh well, my Mom did me a favor.

Ditto. And sometimes, if my stepmom doesn't like what I sent, Geneva comes home in a new outfit. And they're usually frilly horrors. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMLvK:
    Dont pack the jeans that are three sizes too big! 

Yeah, I'll wait to send those back AFTER our trips :op They aren't Abigail's. They are some they had on hand. 

• I wouldn't normally care, but she'll be going to school, gymnastics and church, and she needs to be dressed appropriately. Plus, like UGABride said, I spend a lot of money on her clothes, I at least want the outfits to match!

• imageMrs.Guz:

imageMLvK:
    Dont pack the jeans that are three sizes too big! 

Yeah, I'll wait to send those back AFTER our trips :op They aren't Abigail's. They are some they had on hand. 

Ha ha! I was just giving you a hard time.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"