Parenting after a Loss

Wont Leave Her Diaper On...

:(  Any tips?  She is 16 months old... arg....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wont Leave Her Diaper On...

• We use cloth w/velcro closures & DS can get those off by himself.  If he's left in just his diaper - say when Mom parks him in his crib to grab a clean outfit from the dryer - he can & will remove said diaper, stand up & pee on anything his stream can reach.

If we put shorts, pants , PJ bottoms or anything else w/a waistband over top, he usually leaves them alone. (Thank goodness!)

• i've heard of people putting them on backwards.  one of my friend's husbands said he was going to duct tape it on next time their kid took it off. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had friends that had to use duct tape around the diaper & then cut their son out at diaper changes. 
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Ditto pp. Duct tape. Or pick clothes like overalls and jumpers that make the diaper hard to reach.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can she take undo an onesie by herself?

I used to babysit twins who knew the same trick. I put them to bed in a onesies and never had an issue again.

• Ah, Emma used to do this too. From about 14-20 months. She'd take her diaper off and either smear poop everywhere or go poop in the corner like a dog. It was so infuriating.  She'd even take her clothes off, so I used to use clear packing tape before naps or bed and then cut them off.  Use bandage scissors if you do this, just to make sure you don't cut H. It's frustrating, but she did eventually out grow the phase.
  • Diaper on backwards and onesie on backwards! Works wonders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"