December 2010 Moms
Options

Six items or less experiment - could you do it?

What do you think?  Could you do this? 

https://sixitemsorless.com/the-experiment/

"The experiment is simple: each participant gets to choose six (and only six) items of clothing and pledge to wear only these six items of clothing for a month. They?ll track their experiences and feelings here at sixitemsorless.com"

I've thought about trying it, but I don't really know how serious I am.  Most of my six items would have to be black or white.

Re: Six items or less experiment - could you do it?

• Options

I could do this. I saw your post and started counting and thought, "ok, that would be hard but I bet I could do it." Then I read this paragraph in the link: 

"Logistically, there are exceptions that don?t count towards the six: undergarments, swim wear, work-out clothes, work uniforms, outer wear (rain slicker, outdoor jacket), shoes and accessories. You can get multiples of the same item for laundry purposes, but different colors count as separate items." 

Wow. Yes, with all of those exceptions, I could definitely do this. In fact, I practically already do! It's just a month, afterall. I wear the same nursing tanks day after day and then rotate through a few skirts and a pair of shorts...and considering all I do to work out these days is hike or bike, this all includes my workout clothes too.  My tanks are in different colors for variety but I wouldn't care if I had to wear them all in the same color (though I doubt I'd go to the store just for the sake of this challenge...just saying I could do this if someone sponsored me or did my laundry every day.) 

Given that nobody has commented on the fact that I tend to wear the same few outfits every day, I doubt people would even notice if I did this challenge. Oh, and I work, too, but at my job you can wear whatever.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope.  I love all my clothes and go through the gamut every year...I rarely repeat a full outfit (obviously I repeat pieces, but I try to mix em up every day).  I guess if they didn't count accessories or shoes, I guess MAYBE I could.  I would need jeans, a tank, a jacket, 2 patterned shirts and a black cardigan.
    photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PGASTLPGASTL member
    Ummm, I maybe have six things that fit right now, so YES. Darn baby weight! I'm hoping when I stop nursing the insatiable hunger will go away.

• Options
    Probably not.  Only because I have to wear dress clothes twice a week and unless I wanted to wear a dressy dress (not a casual little skirt or sundress) at other times it would make it difficult.  Interesting, though!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options

imagerma910:
    Ummm, I maybe have six things that fit right now, so YES. Darn baby weight! I'm hoping when I stop nursing the insatiable hunger will go away.

Ha! Yes, this is me too! I have a few more, thanks to our trip to the US, but I could absolutely do this. give me a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, a nursing tank, and a few shirts, I could easily do it. How boring am I? :)

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options
    imagerma910:
    This is me, I'm slowly fitting back into some clothes. I definitely could do it if I stay home I usually wear the same set of clothes over and over. I miss me cute clothes :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Right now I have about five shirts and two pairs of shorts that fit!  I have been wearing them all summer long, so no problem.  You don't need a ton of clothes if you own a washer.  I'm excited to go shopping next weekend (tax free!) and get some new work clothes though.  I can't very well wear shorts and tshirts to work in a few weeks!  I won't have a huge selection for there though either, enough to wash on the weekends for the next week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Um I pretty much already do this. I wear scrubs at work, then just put on a tank and house pants when i get home. Boring........
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"