Pregnant after IF
Options

Were you nervous? Cause I'm freaking out!

This has been the longest weekend of my life! Tuesday is our first u/s and I have these recurring dreams of triplets or more...I guess at least I am prepared but still. I keep googling beta's and seeing how mine look compared to them and it's not helping. I had 2 possibly 3 mature follies at my monitoring appointment but didn't ovulate until a few days later so!? I have got to stop thinking!

I just want to see healthy baby/babies on the u/s screen. So excited but sooo much more nervous at the same time. That normal?!

Re: Were you nervous? Cause I'm freaking out!

• Options
    it is absolutely normal to be nervous.  how have your betas looked?  have you went through beta base to see?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Totally normal to be nervous. I don't think there is a single person here who wasn't (or still isn't!) nervous at some point! 

I checked my betas against betabase CONSTANTLY....even though I know that beta numbers don't really mean anything when it comes to how many you have in there.

My experience...I had 2 mature and 2 with good potential to be mature by ovulation at the time I triggered. I'm now almost 37 weeks pregnant with a singleton.

Good luck, hon! Enjoy the ride... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SAIFW
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Oh yeah, I dont think I slept the night before our first u/s. I hadn't even thought about it much before then, but I was freaking out right before hand. Seeing the little flicker of the h/b on the screen brought me tears of relief!

Good luck!

After 18 months TTC, our 2nd IUI brought us our BFP! Stick baby stick! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh my goodness I was a wreck! It's so nerve-wracking. I hope you have a super terrific u/s tomorrow!
  • Options
    Totally normal for sure! I wonder if the anxiety ever goes away? We transferred 2 embryos but I had it in my head that we only had a singleton in there and I was right.  A 2nd sac actually showed up at our 2nd u/s but that wasn't a viable one.  I was more nervous for our 1st u/s because of having previous m/c.  I was terrified we wouldn't see the heartbeat.  But it was a great u/s!  The best advice I can give is take one day at a time and embrace each milestone! Hoping you have a great u/s on Tuesday!  Good luck!
  • Options

I guess I'm your nightmare...

2 embabies put back during IVF = 3 babies 

Hope things turn out the way you want with healthy baby(ies)

• Options

I thought my numbers were kind of high and had a 45 hour doubling time but I guess time will tell. I know, seriously...it's a different worry everyday for me but the not seeing/hearing a heartbeat is terrifying :( I keep thinking I will be too nervous to look over at the screen!! Monday is going to be the longest day of my life.

Good luck to you guys too! It's so amazing to be here...I am loving every anxious, worried day. I know a lot of people had more extensive treatment but I can relate, after trying so long...it's fabulous to be here!!

• Options

I was SOOOO nervous and was insanely nervous for all of my appointments until I was past 20 weeks.

I'm wishing you the very, very best on Tuesday!!!Smile

• Options
    Good luck at your u/s!  Crossing my fingers that everything is good for you.  FWIW I think your betas sound fine and not over the top or anything. 
    Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagePrayer10:

I thought my numbers were kind of high and had a 45 hour doubling time but I guess time will tell. I know, seriously...it's a different worry everyday for me but the not seeing/hearing a heartbeat is terrifying :( I keep thinking I will be too nervous to look over at the screen!! Monday is going to be the longest day of my life.

Good luck to you guys too! It's so amazing to be here...I am loving every anxious, worried day. I know a lot of people had more extensive treatment but I can relate, after trying so long...it's fabulous to be here!!

That was my biggest fear - I never had a beta so I had a positive pee test and then had to wait 'til 9 weeks for an ultrasound. It was torture!!  And the tech looked at the screen for half a second too long so I was certain she was going to tell me there was no heartbeat. 

Good Luck!!  

IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • Options
    imagePrayer10:

My doubling time was 29 hours! I have a feeling the worry is never going to stop and like you said will be different everyday and moment.  You'll do great and you will have so much fun seeing your little peanut in there :)  Keep us posted!!

• Options
    Thanks everyone! Today I feel like I don't care if there are 3...I just want them to be healthy and see a heartbeat(s). Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough. I will keep you posted :)
  • Options

I'm getting increasingly nervous as the day draws closer so I think it's pretty normal. 

imageLGLDVM:

I'm right there with you! My first u/s is Thursday and I am super nervous. We transferred 2 embryos so there could be twins, but my betas have been right on average for a singleton based on the betabase.

My biggest fear right now is that there won't be a heartbeat. Just thinking about it makes me want to throw up.

LGLDVM this is me too.  It fills me with absolute dread.  Here's keeping my fingers crossed we all get good news this week.

• Options
    I was so nervous! I has dreams of triplets and having to choice between babies the night before my US. I throw up in the parking lot (not from MS but from panic). I was so worked up I almost didn't enjoy how wonderful that moment really was. I wish you the best of luck!

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• Options

Good luck!

I am sure as I get closer to the first u/s, I will be a mess too!

• Options
    I'm STILL nervous every single day!!!!  U/s are nerve wracking, hang in there and good luck!
  • Options

In a way, I am so glad you posted this, because I am feeling the exact same way!! My first u/s is on Friday, and I just need to know there's a heartbeat in there. My H is also taking a day off of work to be with me on Friday, because I'm so worried about it.  I am trying not to be nervous but I feel a little panic with every cramp I get.  I'm glad I'm not the only one, because I feel a little crazy and I'm also thinking... you're pregnant, so shouldn't you just be thrilled and happy and glowing and all that right now?  I guess not after dealing with IF.... :-/ 

On the other hand, I truly am happy, on a certain level, just to be someone who gets to deal with this kind of worry right now. ...

Good luck to you tomorrow!

On a TTC journey since March 2010 that is making me more appreciative of life and love. 7/20 -- Surprise phone call from RE after lap pre-op appt-- BFP! 8/5 -- Ultrasound #1 8/12 -- Ultrasound #2 Pregnancy Ticker My Imperfect Pursuit of Gardening
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"