2nd Trimester
Options

DH thinks I traumatized our daughter!

I took our 2 year old to my last check-up expecting to simply hear the heartbeat.  Instead, my doctor got me in for a suprise ultrasound.  I was 10 weeks and the ultrasound was intravaginal.  Well...3 weeks later DD is still talking about the day Mommy went to the doctor and the doctor checked my bottom.  Oh boy, I hope she forgets about it soon!
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DH thinks I traumatized our daughter!

• Options
    Aw, it's a learning experience for her and it's within the bounds of appropriateness. It's fine if she remembers. Congrats. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    It really doesn't bother me as much as it does him but it's embarrassing that she will discuss it with anybody and everybody!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think its kind of cute that she says that. I know she will forget soon. Sorry I laughed when I read that. Did you tell her that was a baby? Did she look at the screen?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedoodahsgurl:
    It really doesn't bother me as much as it does him but it's embarrassing that she will discuss it with anybody and everybody!

Most women will know that the first ultrasound is transvaginal, so they shouldn't come off as too surprised.
    Most men probably aren't going to listen too closely (or think too deeply about) to what your daughter says about a doctor appointment.

On a positive note, you could use this as a lead in to a discussion with your daughter about how only mommy, daddy, and doctor should be the only ones to see her or touch her "down there".  Relative to her age obviously...

Sorry it's embarrassing for you though...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSept1799:
    I think its kind of cute that she says that. I know she will forget soon. Sorry I laughed when I read that. Did you tell her that was a baby? Did she look at the screen?

She did see the screen.  My doctor actually held her so she could see.  I think the doctor realized that my daughter was standing on the floor between my legs amazed!

• Options
    imageRebecca2024:

imagedoodahsgurl:

Most women will know that the first ultrasound is transvaginal, so they shouldn't come off as too surprised.
    Most men probably aren't going to listen too closely (or think too deeply about) to what your daughter says about a doctor appointment.

On a positive note, you could use this as a lead in to a discussion with your daughter about how only mommy, daddy, and doctor should be the only ones to see her or touch her "down there".  Relative to her age obviously...

Sorry it's embarrassing for you though...

It's only embarrassing when she tells my father in law or her Sunday School teacher, etc.  I'd already had one ultrasound so this was my second one, that's why I was surprised.  I had a m/c earlier in the year so my doctor has been thrilled with me and was anxious to see the baby not just hear it's heartbeat.

We are teaching her about modesty and she knows that it's not nice for others to see her bottom or even underwear, so I think she was really shocked!

It actually is very cute.

• Options
    My 3yo son thinks it's fun to go to doc and I told him ahead of time that the doc checks my yeah-yeah sometimes to make sure the baby is OK.  Yes, he calls it a yeah-yeah.  LOL;0)  He didn't seem concerned at ALL, but I DID bring in his portable dvd player and focus him on Toy Story;0)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Cloth Diapers at Nurtured Family
  • Options

imagedoodahsgurl:

It's ok, just remember that when she starts bringing guys home, it will be great ammo!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"