Babies on the Brain

A is slowly driving me mad, re: boy names

Her new favorite is Iagen or Igan (pronounced Eagan).

I actually like the sound of the name, the meaning(little ball of fire), and the fact it starts with an I, but the rarity of it and the likeliness that it will be mispronounced kill it for me. WHY is she looking at list of Scottish names? I do not know. Neither one of us has an ounce of Scottish in us. She is slowly driving me mad.

Re: A is slowly driving me mad, re: boy names

• Haha, maybe she's just making her way through the "international" chapters of the Baby Names book?

Smile and nod, smile and nod.  

What about Ian? 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageHappyAardvark:

Haha, maybe she's just making her way through the "international" chapters of the Baby Names book?

What about Ian? 

I love Ian, and Ewan.

Eagan is a city in my area, so I wouldn't think it was so strange of a name, spelled that way.

• Loading the player...
  • I immediately thought of this guy:

Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • imageBirdies08:
    imageHappyAardvark:

Haha, maybe she's just making her way through the "international" chapters of the Baby Names book?

What about Ian? 

I love Ian, and Ewan.

Eagan is a city in my area, so I wouldn't think it was so strange of a name, spelled that way.

I would feel confident pronouncing it correctly if it was spelled Eagan. I'm snickering at the Scottish names, though :) You're Team Green, though, right? 

• imageWaitingOnTwoPinkLines:
    imageBirdies08:
    imageHappyAardvark:

What about Ian? 

I love Ian, and Ewan.

I would feel confident pronouncing it correctly if it was spelled Eagan. I'm snickering at the Scottish names, though :) You're Team Green, though, right? 

Team Green. We have it down to four girl names we can take to the hospital with us, but boy names are so much harder. I am suspecting it is a boy. She wants Egan added to the list, and I have, for now. I will use my veto power if I must.

• Boy names are absolutely impossible.
  • imageohashlet:
    Boy names are absolutely impossible.
    For real. I think we have finally decided on one, back to the first one we seriously discussed. Picking a girl name was not nearly that painful.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jenickjenick member

imageohashlet:
    Boy names are absolutely impossible.

Can't agree more.... and both of us being teachers only made it worse! 

image ~1500mg Metformin~M/C: 7 weeks~9/3/2008~D&C 9/16/2008
    Beta #1: 268 (16dpo) ~ Progesterone 54 ~ Beta #2: 541 (18dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePubStar09:

I immediately thought of this guy:

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • "Fine Honey, I am adding it to the list. See, watch me add it to the list."

"But how are you spelling it?"

"E-g-a-n"

"So you are cowtowing to the ignorant masses?" (She wants Iagen)

"Yes Honey, yes I am." 

"We could always tell anyone who gives us a funny look that it is filipino."

"Yes dear, we could lie about our son's name. Great idea."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"