June 2011 Moms
Options

Putting LO down?

I'm confused how some of you are managing to "put your LO down" for the night?  Our LO is still waking every 3 hours on the dot to feed, and we have the same routine every 3 hours..(wake, change diaper, feed, try to play with her/keep her awake.. then she's out for about 2 hours before waking again..). I'm not sure how to make one of the times different from the other to establish a bedtime?

So..any advice on we establish a bedtime with this kind of schedule? Or anyone else in the same boat?  I'd LOVE to get more sleep!! :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Putting LO down?

• Options

Do you bathe her every day?  Maybe make bathtime around whatever time you want to establish as her bedtime.  Bathe her, diaper and dress her, feed her and rock her to sleep.  And on the days you don't bathe her, add in a book or something a darkened room.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm confused... you are playing with her/keeping her awake at night too?  My first suggestion is to stop that at night time and keep it basic.. change diaper, feed, and put her back to bed.  I do not even talk to my LO at night (I hope this doesn't sound mean!).   Also I have established a night time routine... around 9 I turn the lights down.. turn the tv down and she is usually in the bath by 9:30.  We enjoy a long bath, do lotion..swaddle and she eats until she falls asleep. She is usually in bed around 10pm and sleeps till 4-5:30.  This is "typical" though and does not always work out perfect!

Hope you get some more sleep soon! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bath before bed !!! 

My lo was eating every 2.5-3hrs and up all night!!! until 5 days ago.

I gave him a bath before bed and he slept 5 hrs straight.  I have given him a bath each night now and he still is sleeping 4-5 hrs straight each night. I do not know if its the bath or not, but i will take it. (hopefully did not jinx myself)

I also warm the towel in the dryer before drying him off. He seems to like it!!

• Options

My LO still wakes every 3 hours or so, but I try to differentiate day from night with some different night routines. 

I've been dressing him in onesies during the day, then at night I bathe him or wipe down his face and neck and put on footed pj's, change his diaper, then feed him.  He falls asleep in my arms and I TRY to put him down.  The last 2 nights, it worked, but usually he wakes up immediately and I end up either staying up with him until the next feeding or I nap with him on the couch.  He much prefers to cuddle and nap with me rather than go down in his crib.

When he wakes up for middle-of-the-night feedings, I change his diaper, feed him, and put him in his crib all with the lights dimmed and I try not to talk to him.  He usually keeps his eyes shut the whole time.

• Options

To answer your question - I don't play with her at night, I should have clarified that. During the day, while she's awake, I try to expose her to bright light, and then during the night, I make sure everything is dark, and quiet, and I too, don't talk much to her, unless I'm quietly comforting her.

We will try the bath tonight - she should be waking up at about 7:30, and then at 10:30 - I think I'll try the bath at about 10:30. We'll see how it goes! 

• Options
    I agree with PPs... BATH!  Ever since I started his bedtime routine (which begins with a bath), I've been getting 6+ hour stretches.  And he goes down like a champ without so much as a wimper.  Good Luck!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"