December 2010 Moms
Options

Reflux babies ?

DD was on Zantac as a newborn for reflux. It got better (still slight spit up, but not much), so we took her off the med per pedi's ok. Within the last 2 weeks, she has been spitting up more. Now it's more like regular throw-up since she's on solids. This happens at almost every feeding...even 2-3 hours after she eats. It could be either a meal or just a bottle. It's not a lot, but it still concerns me a bit. I still have some of her Zantac left, so I might try to give that to her. She keeps spitting it out at me, so it's hard to give to her. The pedi wants me to give it to her 10 minutes before she eats, so I can't mix it in her food. I've even tried to decrease the amounts she gets thinking that it was overeating, but that didn't work. 

My question: are any reflux babies still having reflux issues? How are you handling that. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Reflux babies ?

• Options
    G has been off the Zantac for awhile (and doing fine), so I can't be of much help, sorry!

• Options
    B is still on her full dose of Zantac. You can tell by the end of the day that she starts to get uncomfortable and arches her back and such.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sam never stopped spitting up even though he was on meds (Prilosec).  He did stop raging during feedings when we started the meds.

We've tried weaning him off the meds but haven't had much luck yet.

• Options

You sound like us! DS was on Zantac and then Prevacid. We had weaned DS off Prevacid back in May b/c we never knew if it was really helping, and he seemed to be doing fine, so we thought we'd try it. Things got worse slowly, with a lot of gagging/vomiting, and the worst was he was sleeping HORRIBLY. Most times when I had him asleep, he would wake up immediately when I put him down, and cry. The pedi said it was just "separation anxiety" but we put him back on Zantac and it's been WAY better. He's still doing a fair amount of "urping" and spitting up/vomiting but is only waking once or twice now, and will usually eat (BF) and go back to sleep. It will be great when he finally outgrows this! 

Good luck. I say try the Zantac again. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Also, did they flavor your Zantac? I saw that your LO is spitting it out. They can only do grape, but DS actually seems to love it in grape flavor.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DD has been on the Zantac syrup and it has been the only thing that works.  She hated the taste of it, pretty minty, so in the cap on her bottle after we make her bottle, we take off the cap and put the dose of Zantac in the cap and add just a smidgen of apple juice or formula and give it to her that way.  Pedi said today that is ok because the cap is so small we know she is getting it all unlike giving in a bottle or mixed with food.  GL!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Guess we're back on Zantac. My mom gave her some today and she didn't throw up once. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"