January 2012 Moms
Options

Prenatal Yoga or Pilates

Hey Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has good recommendations on videos to do at home. And is anyone actually taking these classes in person? Is it worth the price? I was doing yoga at my gym before I was pregnant but quit once I found out I was. Not sure if I want to be spending the extra money for classes..

Thanks!

Re: Prenatal Yoga or Pilates

• Options
    sherpasherpa member

I quit taking my pilates classes at the gym because they were an extra $25 a session and I wanted to save a little more for the impending baby costs. They are worth the cost if you have the budget for them. I really miss the classes and it's been only a month and I can tell a huge difference in my arse and thighs. :(

I have a pilates machine at home though and will have to dust 'er off.  I think any of the pilates mat classes are good for pregnancy, just adjust your position so you aren't flat on your back or stomach.  I prefer doing yoga at home, Gaiam has some good videos but you can find tons on youtube.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been wondering about the cost too! I've been thinking about taking a few classes so I can get some moves down and then doing it from home. A friend just sent me the Parent's (magazine) Prenatal yoga DVD, I haven't tried it yet but I'll keep you posted.

Fit Pregnancy has a list of videos they recommend on their site if you want to check them out. It gives a review on different ones. 

Check out our blog of Sofia's progress... www.FisforFam.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Visit The Nest! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was doing Pilates Reformer classes before I got pregnant.  I quit when I got pregnant due to the morning sickness and the $200 a month (I was going 5 times a week).  Lately I have been missing how amazing they make my body feel, so I am thinking of signing up just for 1-2 days a week.  The stretch you get from a Reformer machine is so amazing...it made every single ache and pain I had in my body go away.  My back never felt better.  My lower back has been killing me and I think a couple classes would make a world of difference.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options

I was taking yoga classes regularly for 6 months before I got pregnant. Now I'm doing Elements Prenatal Yoga at home. It's not very challenging - if you're looking to sweat this is not the dvd for you - but I feel very relaxed and stretched out after.

https://www.amazon.com/Element-Prenatal-Postnatal-Elena-Brower/dp/B002EWD0BS

BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"