Multiples

One foot more swollen than the other - anyone else?

I've come to terms with the fact that I'm going to be some degree of swollen all the time until after these babies are born. No amount a resting makes my feet look normal. But its weird, my right foot looks almost normal when I've been sitting a while and when I wake up. My left foot pretty much looks the same all the time - scary swollen. I check my BP twice a day to make sure the swelling doesn't mean something more serious. So far its been good. Anyone else have one foot that's much more swollen than the other? Besides resting with my feet up as much as possible, drinking water like I love it, and limiting salt, what else can I do?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: One foot more swollen than the other - anyone else?

• Yes it normal. It happens to me all the time.

• Is your swollen leg red at all or do you have any pain?  

I'd mention it to your dr just to be safe, they can check your pulses & be sure there is nothing to be concened about. Are you on bedrest? The only reason I ask is increased clot/DVT risk...

• Loading the player...
  • I'll be 27 wks tomorrow and have had this for a while, my left is always more swollen than my right. Usually by morning it's semi-normal & gets better if I wear my maternity belt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It happened to me too starting around week 25 and only my right foot!  I was told it wasn't anything to worry about.  Now that I'm 34 weeks, it's both!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've recently been added to this club! My swelling goes down at night. My left foot is much more swollen than my right!
  • imagegroovygrl:

Is your swollen leg red at all or do you have any pain?  

I'd mention it to your dr just to be safe, they can check your pulses & be sure there is nothing to be concened about. Are you on bedrest? The only reason I ask is increased clot/DVT risk...

No, neither foot is red or in pain.  The skin on the top of my left foot is a little uncomfotable when I walk but I'm assuming that's because it's stretching.  But I wouldn't say it hurts.  it just feels weird.

I'm seeing my doctor on Tuesday.  I'll make sure to tell him about the difference in swelling in case it could be a clot.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for this post - no lie, just tonight I was noticing I have this same problem and was going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow.  Good to know that it seems most of the time it's a non-issue, but good to be safe...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am almost 35 weeks, and my left foot is always more swollen than the right.  I have to say though that a couple of hours in a pool and my feet/ankles/legs look like they did before I was pregnant-it's awesome and generally lasts until I am up on my feet for a full days work again.
  • Yep my left foot is more swollen.  I've also been having alot of pain in my left leg and read that if you have sciatica that leg will be more swollen. Def mention it to your Dr. though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"