Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clogged tear duct?

My little girl has a clogged tear duct. Just wondering if any moms have any advice on helping it go away. We go back to the doctor on Tuesday so I'll ask them but figured I give real moms a shot too. TIA

Re: Clogged tear duct?

• My LO has one too.  We wipe it several times a day with a cool, wet cloth and massage the corner of her eye for a few minutes.  We also got a prescription for antibiotic ointment. Our Pedi said it could linger for a while
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our LO has a clogged tear duct too and the pediatrician told me to massage it daily with my pinky and that normally they resolve on their own. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetrplL06:
    My LO has one too.  We wipe it several times a day with a cool, wet cloth and massage the corner of her eye for a few minutes.  We also got a prescription for antibiotic ointment. Our Pedi said it could linger for a while

This. My LO has had it almost since birth. With the antibiotic ointment it has cleared up ALOT! I still use a warm cloth and massage the goo out then put the drops in. Especially before DD goes to bed for the night.

If your LO's eye seems a little swollen by the corner of their eye, close to their nose I would gently push upwards towards the eye and get the goo out to relieve pressure.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our pedi has us do a warm compress as many times a day as possible and as tolerated.  No drops needed and it cleared up in a couple days.  gl
  • LO has had one nearly from the beginning as well.  We just massage it several times a day, but I wish it would clear up soon!

I've also heard putting breast milk on it helps, but so far no results for us. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• A warm washcloth lightly pressed against the area between the nose and eye should do the trick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahP15:
    Our LO has a clogged tear duct too and the pediatrician told me to massage it daily with my pinky and that normally they resolve on their own. 

My ped said the same thing.

• my daughters clogged the other day out of no where...i put drops of my breastmilk in her eye a couple times for a day and the next day it was completely gone, i still massage it everyday (start in the corner of her eye and massage in a circular motion from the corner down the side of their nose)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"