Success after IF

Possibly a dumb formula question

This may be a dumb question, but the info I have isn't super clear.  If I make LO a bottle of formula and he doesn't finish it can I save it and reuse it later or should I be throwing it out after each feeding?
TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Possibly a dumb formula question

• Not a dumb question at all! They tell you to throw it after an hour if the baby doesn't finish it! I personally felt that was throwing formula down the sink if it wasn't sitting out a long time, I would put in the fridge but i would use the same day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebrowneyedgrl4282:
    Not a dumb question at all! They tell you to throw it after an hour if the baby doesn't finish it! I personally felt that was throwing formula down the sink if it wasn't sitting out a long time, I would put in the fridge but i would use the same day!

Ditto this. I will say when Isabel was still a newborn, we threw away and started over. We did not mind throwing away the money to make sure she did not get sick or whatever is supposed to happen if you give them hour old formula Stick out tongue  It's part of being a first time parent to a newborn!

For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageela81:

imagebrowneyedgrl4282:
    Not a dumb question at all! They tell you to throw it after an hour if the baby doesn't finish it! I personally felt that was throwing formula down the sink if it wasn't sitting out a long time, I would put in the fridge but i would use the same day!

Ditto this. I will say when Isabel was still a newborn, we threw away and started over. We did not mind throwing away the money to make sure she did not get sick or whatever is supposed to happen if you give them hour old formula Stick out tongue  It's part of being a first time parent to a newborn!

Ditto all of this!  C--I highly recommend the Dr Brown's formula pitcher.  It made mixing a day's worth of formula so easy. 

• I actually asked one of the peds about this when Brady was newborn and they said it really is the "formula" company telling parents this. 

• We used to give her smaller bottles (like 2 ounces and then another 2 ounces, or 4 ounces and then 2 ounces when she got older) so she would finish each one.  However, we were also putting her vitamins and Zantac in there, so we wanted her to finish them.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • If DS doesn't finish, I put it back in the fridge and then add it to the next bottle and then if he doesn't finish that one, I throw it all out since the older and new are mixed.  I agree that its the formula companies being overly cautious but we have never had an issue (knock on wood).  
  • imagebrowneyedgrl4282:

Ditto & I highly recommend Dr. Brown's formula pitcher! Makes my life so much easier.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • We always reused, and never had an issue, nor did our pedi.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"