December 2011 Moms

Why am I watching shark week again?

I have had shark week on all day while I pack (I usually love watching these shows).

The one on now is a rerun about shark attacks.  For some reason I can handle the people shark attack stories, but the one now is a dog that was swimming near the fishing docks and got attacked by a lemon shark.  I am in tears right now - thank goodness the dog survived!

I need to stop watching this!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Why am I watching shark week again?

• I watched two shows, with the blanket pulled up over half my face.. I have no idea why I was torturing myself watching great white sharks attack people. DH came home and changed the channel when he saw me so freaked out. LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Because it's awesome! Really freaks me out to get into the ocean but I do at least oncev a week year round. My daughter loves it but luckily for us we are in Southern California so our water is cold and we only splash around the very shallow water that rolls over the sand. I'm going to freak out when she wants to learn to surf. She is mesmerized by watching surfers and my good girlfriend runs surf camps for young kids. Uggggg I think perhaps my DD needs to watch shark week to develop a healthy fear. Is that mean?
    DD July 2008 & DS December 2011* TTC 09/2001* natural conception EDD 11/05/06 mc 3/23/06 my 30th b-day * successful IVF EDD 7/08 DD 7/08 * natural conception EDD 11/05/10 m/c 3/23/10 yes my 34th b-day * I don't celebrate my b-day but love to celebrate my daughters!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm obsessed with shark week! its so legit! I even announced it on FB. I'm sure people think I have no life now but its so awesome.

I saw that episode of that little terrier getting attacked last shark week and it made me cry too. I would not be ok with one of my dogs being attacked by anything.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What I thought was amazing was his owner dove into the water after the shark to save the dog!  I would be horribly upset about the situation, but I don't know if any amount of adrenaline could make me dive in after a shark to save my dog (a child, maybe...but my dogs are like my children so who knows).

I of course have continued to watch the reruns all day, and will watch the new episodes that start in 10 minutes :-)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • o my gosh, i saw the same show-- the dog made me so sad too!! he is such a cute, i am so glad he survived! But ia m with ya, girl, i cant turn the channel off! I know what i will be watching all week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"