Northern California Babies

Monitors in two different rooms ?s

I'm trying to figure out the baby monitor situation once we have two kids.  Right now we just have a sound (no video) monitor in the nursery.  We'll be moving Lucas into a big boy room in the next week or so.  I want to have a monitor in each room because the two boys' rooms are on the other side of the house as the master bedroom. 

Should I just buy another sound monitor and put it in the big boy room?  Should we get a video monitor that has multiple cameras and put a camera in each room and switch between the two rooms?  What have you done? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monitors in two different rooms ?s

• We had the handheld video monitor for Crash.  We also got one for B when she was born.  We have two cameras and two monitors now, but both monitors can switch frequency so we can see both rooms on one.  Does that any sense? lol.

I found that for some reason with one of the them, seeing Crash's room without interferences isn't easy.  Not sure why since they are the same.

• I ended up taking the monitor we were using in Bs room and put it in the babys room. It worked out fine for us - but theyre nt on opp sides of the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLesley423:

Should we get a video monitor that has multiple cameras and put a camera in each room and switch between the two rooms?  

We did this

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have a video monitor in each room.  I wanted to be able to hear both rooms at all times.  (Given the recent stomach bug we've dealt with, I'm glad we had them.  I could hear each girl when she threw up during the night.)
  • I had video monitors in both rooms, and an additional sound monitor (because we had it) in S's room (this is of course before they shared).  I always had the video 'tuned' to L's room, but when I heard something weird on S's monitor, I could switch the video feed over to check on her.  That way I could hear both kids, and see whomever needed checking on.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have cameras in both rooms.  I love being able to peek at both boys before I go to sleep.  And when Noah cries in the middle of the night, I can tell whether he's waking Miles up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"