Parenting

Random help, please.

My dad's birthday was a couple weeks ago.  My mom's is tomorrow.  I've yet to get a gift for either of them because they're SO hard to buy for.  They need nothing.  They buy whatever they want.  My dad is the worst -- he's constantly buying himself frivolous things online. 

Any ideas?

Re: Random help, please.

• My parents need nothing, so we'll buy them tickets to a show, concert, or movie tickets w/ their fav candy.  One year my dad wanted $ for Christmas, so I put a bow around 50 $1 bills and put them in a big gift bag. He laughed pretty good at that one.
    DD 7.28.06 * DS 3.29.10

Christmas 2011
  • Gift certificate to a favorite restaurant or a high end (Ruth Chris, etc,) gift certificate.  Do they travel?  I do well with Southwest giftcards for my parents.  My Dad in particular loves travel certificates. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Both my parents birthdays are next week. They are the same way as yours.  I've tried to make them promise not to go shopping a month leading up to their birthdays or christmas.   But, of course, dad went out and bought himself a pair of binoculars (which is what I was planning on getting him).  Ugh!   Anyway,  I got my mom a lounge float (they have a camp trailer on a lake) and I got my dad a GC to Barnes & Noble for his Nook. 

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
  • At this point, I've resorted to gift cards. Its the easiest and I know its something they'll use. I've done restaurants, favorite stores, gas cards (right before a big trip), golf course, and plenty others.
  • I just remembered an idea... Pampered chef has awesome tomato knives.  And I love their mini glass bowls (the ones with lids)  I forget what they are called, but I have 8 of them and bought my mom a box of 4.  She uses them all the time.

David "BD" 2/8/07 Spencer 9/12/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"