Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Anyone Ship Items from home? NTR

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone ships items from their home, or post office on a regular basis? I just started selling items on Ebay this week and I don't know too much about shipping them for the best deal. I don't want to have the buyers think im ripping them off with the shipping costs, But I see that others sellers shipping costs are cheaper than what I get at my local USPS.

I guess my question is, is it cheaper to use UPS, FEDEX, or USPS for shipping items such as antiques?   

Any advice would be great! TIA!

Pouty face reid Pouty face reid

Re: Anyone Ship Items from home? NTR

• Options

Also, Whats the best way to get the shipping materials? Flat Rate or get your own? 

Sorry this seems like such a dumb question, but i dont know anyone who ships from home, to ask. I will be shipping a decent amount of things each week and don't want to spend all my time waiting to drop off at the post office. :)  

• Options

I have shipped from home, but not regularly like you would with a business. 

I ordered flat rate boxes through usps.com (they're free), had those dropped off at my house by my mail carrier, and then would pack them as needed. Used a kitchen scale to weigh the packages, paid for postage through usps online, printed and taped it on, and then scheduled a carrier pick-up through their web site as well. 

It was a nice way to avoid the post office when DD2 was small, but I don't know if it's the cheapest way to do it.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've found USPS to be the least expensive. I have done it from home and it's pretty straightforward, as PP outlined.
    Our first baby girl, Lucia Joy, joined us on April 1, 2010!
  • Options

I do have one more question.... If anyone is still looking at this... 

When shipping using their boxes, Say the Medium Flat rate box. Its $10.95. Thats Priority.

Now if i just do Priority, and enter the same info, just not the "flat rate box" its only $4.80. So if i had a brown box, with the same measurements and weight it would be cheaper than using their Flat Rate Boxes? 

OR can i just print the label for the $4.80, slap it on their box and hope it gets there! HAHA 

Actually, im thinking it would be best if I just go tomorrow to the post office and ask them the best way to do this.

But, if you happen to know, let me know please! Thanks again!

• Options

If you know you are going to always ship priority, why not just get the priority boxes, not the flat rate ones.  Flat rate is great for heavier items. 

They will send your package back if you do your scenario or switching the labels.  It has happened to me on some boxes I messed up on. 

I would get the boxes delivered, print off postage at home and then just drop off.  Then you don't have to stand in line all the time at th post office. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"