April 2011 Moms

Taking a bottle troubles.. opinions?

DD just took 1.5 oz this morning, after not eating for 4 hours (usually she goes every 1.5 hours) - rejecting the boob and all. It was a start, considering she's gone on a bottle strike (and a quasi boob strike) the past few weeks. Do you think we should give her just 1 bottle a day and see how that goes? Or hit it harder and try 2 bottles per day?

Also - for her first nighttime waking (she wakes 2 times, sometimes 3) do you think I should have DH give her a bottle, since she's more disoriented and tired and might not care so much - or do you think that would make her care MORE and get really ticked off??? And obv, one doesn't want a po'd baby at 1am!!! 

I am in much need of longer sleep... but I don't want to traumatize her by doing a new weird thing at night either (fake nipple! omg! call 911!)

Thoughts?

Re: Taking a bottle troubles.. opinions?

• Have you tried multiple types of bottles? My LO woke up one day and decided she didn't want her BreastFlow bottles anymore and will now only take Dr Browns. I went to walmart and bought 1 of 6 different types of bottles, poured 1oz in each and kept trying them until she ate from one of them (last one...Dr Browns). I also think that you should try having your DH give her a bottle with you out of the house, that way she cant hear or smell you and know that there is a boob there waiting for her...lol. I wouldnt necesarily try it during a night feeding unless its on a weekend where no one has to get up early if she does get ticked off. GL!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageatkinson4545:
    Have you tried multiple types of bottles? My LO woke up one day and decided she didn't want her BreastFlow bottles anymore and will now only take Dr Browns. I went to walmart and bought 1 of 6 different types of bottles, poured 1oz in each and kept trying them until she ate from one of them (last one...Dr Browns). I also think that you should try having your DH give her a bottle with you out of the house, that way she cant hear or smell you and know that there is a boob there waiting for her...lol. I wouldnt necesarily try it during a night feeding unless its on a weekend where no one has to get up early if she does get ticked off. GL!! 

Yes to both. We've tried 7 diff types of bottles.

DH is the bottle-giver w.me nowhere in sight. Trust me, I've googled the crap out of this issue! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"