Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

NTR: Another house post...need opinions

So I just purchased these beautiful faucets for my bathrooms. https://www.efaucets.com/MediaRich/HTML/zoom_sonic/zoom.asp?img=Price Pfister/T42-YP0C.jpg.  It is in chrome.  It sparkles and I think it is gorgeous.  However, my light fixtures are a satin or brushed nickel.  My mom is getting on my case because the two don't completely match.  The faucets I purchased would be 60 dollars more if I bought the brushed nickel.  Do any of you really think it matters?  According to my mom it is not my opinion that counts because I need to go with what is popular at the time where I think chrome is beautiful and timeless. 
image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NTR: Another house post...need opinions

• Options
    I'm kind of nitpicky about that kind of thing, and if I were looking at a house with mismatched (even barely) fixtures, it would bug me.  If you plan on staying in your house for a long time, and you don't mind the mismatch, then go for it.  If you're thinking of selling anytime soon, I'd probably get a faucet that matches the fixtures or swap the fixtures out to match your faucet.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We bought a new construction spec house. They put a gold insert in the front door with a brushed nickle handle and brushed nickle bathroom light fixtures with shiny chrome faucets.

I honestly think that matching the finish is important - but that's just my personal taste. I was eventually going to upgrade the faucets in my bathrooms, but we are so underwater on our house that I don't want to spend money on anything that won't show a return (we also have brushed nickle hinges, door knobs, etc so it's cheaper to change the faucets)

I agree that chrome is beautiful and timeless and I think that you should do what you love. You could always replace the light fixtures in the future if you prefer chrome.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would get the brushed nickel.

• Options
    I appreciate the opinions everyone.  Unfortunately, I don't think we will be investing more money any time soon.  All of the light fixtures in the house are brushed nickel.  The faucets and cabinet hardware are polished chrome.  I think it looks nice because the lights are understated and the faucets shine.  Oh yeah, and the door knobs are all gold lol.  keep in mind, my condo is far from being "new construction", we are just trying to update the major things that people notice.  I will keep the bathroom light fixtures in mind for if I get another good deal.  For now I guess I am just going to live with what we have and enjoy the good deal I got on them.
    image pregnancy calendar Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"