Breastfeeding

DH touching nipples...

DH has always been into my breasts but now since they are two cup sizes larger, he is even more into them.  But now since I am breastfeeding, I won't let him touch my nipples or suck on them, which he doesn't understand and gets annoyed.  I'm not embarassed about the milk coming out, the thought of him with them just creeps me out.  I guess I am a one man woman now...  They are also more sensitive now, I hate having fabric rub on them although somehow it doesn't bother me to have DS or a breast pump voraciously suck on them.  Also I have this weird thought that maybe his mouth will get bacteria on my nipple and then DS will get it in his mouth although I'm sure he will come across much worse now that he's starting daycare and his hands are constantly in his mouth.  Is it normal to feel this way about DH?
Lilypie - (7gcp)

Lilypie - (S3If)

Re: DH touching nipples...

• bgf1bgf1 member
    I think this is total normal.  I couldn't even stand to have the sheet drag across my nipples initally, and am still turned off my any foreplay involving my nipples.  The other thing that bothered me was that I felt my breasts were getting enough attention in a day and I wanted some attention for the rest of me.  I explained this to DH and he didn't like it but respected it, especially when we compromised that while the nipples were off limits the rest of my breasts were not.  I just hope it gets better after LO is weaned.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Girl thank you so much for writing this!! i just read ur post to my DH so he wud know that this is a normal occurance among BFng mamas!! my LO is only two weeks old...so my DH is horney as all get out and has been getting used to the fact that im in recovery and do not want to entertain the idea of irritating any sensitive areas
  • Loading the player...
  • You are not alone. I feel exactly the same way. My DH hasn't been near my nipples in over eight months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would let him know that milk will come out if he plays with them.That alone kept my DH off them for awhile. Around 6 months or so I started to get more comfortable with "broad" touching and now I am ok with them during sex as long as LO doesn't need to eat soon or hasn't eaten recently. DH only touches because he can't stand the taste or thought of the milk and it always starts flowing.

Hope that TMI helps.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I too think you are normal! I still don't like my DH to touch my nipples and DD is 14 months old - we are still nursing. Although now I will let him touch them when we're intimate. And I have no issues with milk leaking at this point!

As for the bacteria...I used to worry about that too. But your milk has lots of antibodies and my understanding is that it will "eat" bacteria. So if DH does touch your nipples, you could hand express some milk and rub it in. That would probably do a better job of "cleaning" them than rinsing them off.

• vanfoxvanfox member
    Well, he's not likely to leave any bacteria on your nipple that he couldn't from just handling your son normally, but I'm totally in your boat touch-wise. Luckily, DH seems to be taking it in stride, especially since I'm still okay with below-the-belt action LOL. I just feel like my breasts are being handled all day, so if I'm trying to have some relaxing sexytimes, I kind of want them to get a rest.
  • Please. I don't even take my bra off when DH and I get busy and even with the bra on I don't let him even touch them. They hurt. He'll have years and years to have fun with them, I'm only nursing for six months. He can get over it.
  • I wear a bra at all times - daytime, night time, sexy time!  I already share my boobs with one person all day long.  They are off limits.  DH is lucky if he gets any kind of sex at all - he hasn't said a word about the boobs being off limits.  He's bright enough not to try his luck; he might end up with nada.  :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My nipples are so sensitive that anything other than LO or the breast pump touches them irritates me like none other.  DH knows they're off limits right now. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was the same way! it took about 5 months before i even let him come near my breasts again. now at almost 10 months out and still BF, my nipples are much less sensative, but I still dont really let him linger up there too long during sexy time... it just doesnt feel the same, doesnt feel good anymore. DH seemed upset and didnt understand at first, but i guess he has just resigned himself to the fact now, lol. But it does get better, and it is completely normal!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsCAAMrsCAA member

imagekjohn091:
    I was the same way! it took about 5 months before i even let him come near my breasts again. now at almost 10 months out and still BF, my nipples are much less sensative, but I still dont really let him linger up there too long during sexy time... it just doesnt feel the same, doesnt feel good anymore. DH seemed upset and didnt understand at first, but i guess he has just resigned himself to the fact now, lol. But it does get better, and it is completely normal!

ditto this, but i tell DH that as soon as he even touches them my mind automatically goes to DS - which completely kills sexy time. So he can either see "them" or i can wear my tanktop and we can have sexy time, its either or, nor both.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel the same way, but I have tried to tolerate as much as I can for DH.  I find that I do much better right after a feeding and cannot tolerate anything when really full.  I am sad though because I enjoyed this before and hope it goes back to normal after I stop BFing!  I also hate swimming, getting sweaty, running and even taking showers because of my BFing breasts! (although everything has gotten more tolerable as I continue.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"