Pregnant after a Loss

Tired of racking my brain - gender reveal ideas for deployed daddy

Everything I come up with just doesn't sit with me. Ideas people have gave me just haven't sparked. We find out in September. I thought about a pink or blue care package...but mail takes about 4 wks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tired of racking my brain - gender reveal ideas for deployed daddy

• The one that I've liked the best that works well with how fast he could get info while deployed was to send him two emails.  One email will be instructing him to wait to open the other until he's able to skype or phone you (I'd send that one second so its on the top of his inbox and mark it as urgent).  Then you two can open the second email at the same time and find out together.  I guess alternately if you guys can get on skype you could just open the envelope and tell him...you'd still see one anothers reactions.

I like the idea of the boy/girl care package...but I totally feel you in mail taking so dang long to get to them.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Aubs13Aubs13 member

We Skyped with my parents on the day we found out what we were having.  DH went to the store and bought an "Its a Boy" balloon, which we tied to the chair behind us.  They didn't know we were going for the u/s, so it was a complete surprise for them.  Not too creative, but they liked it.

Good luck!  Let us know what you decide!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies :) my mom suggested posting it to his facebook but it just doesn't seem personal.
  • Ask your them not to revel to you the sex, but rather write it on a piece of paper(you can buy a piece of scrapbook paper, and make it fancy) then have them put it in an envelope. If you skype with your DH, open the envelope together on skype ;) Then you both will find out at the same moment.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1-02/21/11 Missed M/C Twins-03/25/11 EDD-11/04/11
    BFP#2-10dpo- 05/27/11 EDD 02/03/12
    Our miracle Aidan James born 01/25/12!!
  • I like Valerie's idea.... then he can really experience with you, I am sure that will be such a nice thing while he is far away
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
  • elisbuelisbu member

::lurking::

What if you  have the tech write it down and seal up an envelope addressed to him, and mail to him with instructions that he cant open it till he is on skype? Then HE gets to open it! It will delay finding out the sex by a few weeks, but it would help him really  be part of the pregnancy

::back to lurking::

• I like the idea of finding out together over skype if that's an option for you. 
    TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"