Babies: 3 - 6 Months

sleep....any ideas?

My daughter is just over four months old, and like many others, has suddenly stopped sleeping through the night and is now waking up every two hours. My problem is that I have done everything her doctor has said to do and nothing has worked. We have a regular nighttime routine....bath, bottle, storytime, snuggle. Then we put her down in her crib while she is still awake and she falls asleep on her own pretty well. We do not rock her to sleep or let her fall asleep in our arms. I've tried giving her rice cereal with a spoon and she pretty much wants nothing to do with it (she turns her head away and spits out any little bit that I can get in her mouth). When she does wake up, she's fussing/crying, but I just give her the pacifier and rub her back for several minutes and then she falls back asleep. So is all this waking up just turning into a bad habit because I keep soothing her? Am I supposed to let her cry it out in the middle of the night? Any ideas? I have to go back to work tomorrow after four months of maternity leave and I feel like a zombie...

Re: sleep....any ideas?

• i don't think you are doing anything wrong.  perhaps this is the 4-month wakeful period that apparently exists for most babies?  they grow out of it.  bad itming with you going back to work...sucks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think there's much you CAN do about that.  We had our 'wakeful' period a few of weeks ago and it JUST ended.  L was up every 2 hours like she was starving and didn't nap well either.  Now she's only up once at night and naps like crap lol

LO will grow out of it.  Yes it sucks, especially if you have to work a lot but it'll make sleep that much better once it's done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"