Babies: 6 - 9 Months

WWYD..Re:Bachelorette NBR....

Ok so one of my BFFs is getting married and I am one of 3 bridesmaids including her sister and a friend (who I don't know well) from college...The bridal shower and bachelorette are next weekend and I'm excited except I am worried that I may have to sell my LO  on the black market in order to pay for it : /  

I have made an effort to be involved with the planning bc I wanted to help but also so that I could direct it towards an affordable end so I planned part of the night.  The problem is my friend and her friend from college have $$$...(I do not at the moment) and I get an e-mail with the itinerary for the bachelorette and it has gotten SUPER pricey.  I'm feeling really awkward bc I don't want to be the wet blanket about not being able to afford things but it's the reality!  There's a chance that her friend may be covering the majority of the cost for the part she planned but I'm worried that all of a sudden I'm going to be asked for a couple hundred dollars and I'm not going to be able to deliver.  As it is, I have to fly back and forth (twice) for this wedding on top of gifts for shower, bachelorette, wedding etc...what to do?!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD..Re:Bachelorette NBR....

• Tell that friend straight up about how the expenses are piling up.  Especially for the fact that you're flying back and forth twice.  I would completely understand if I was the friend.  But you should let her know before she expects you to split all the expenses.  Maybe you guys could figure out a way to scale it down a bit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • speak up, your friend should understand.  i'd talk with the bridesmaid who planned everything, and just flat out tell her, i can only contribute X towards this.  that way there's no surprises for anyone involved.  I'm in a simmilar situation and that's what i had to do.  money is tight for us, but i offered to bake for the shower, so i'm still contributing something, but not neccesarily $$ i don't have.

hope it works out for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"