Breastfeeding

how long is too long to let dd sleep?

DD has been fairly consistent with eating every 4 hours at night since birth.  last week she'd have 1 six hour stretch with another four hour stretch at night.  Two nights ago, she slept 8 hours, and last night I had to wake her up after 9 hours.  ( 1.) I was worried about her, and 2.) I was going to explode.) 

She's 2 1/2 months now, is it ok that she goes that long without eating?  Should I pump after 5 hours or so to keep my supply up?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how long is too long to let dd sleep?

• As long as she isn't having weight gain issues I would let her sleep. When my little girl sleeps extra long I take the opportunity to pump and build up more of a freezer stash.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NSLNSL member
    Let her sleep!
  • Loading the player...
  • Let her sleep your supply will adjust.  DS sleeps anywhere from 7 - 12 hours at night.  He goes down at 6:30 usually wakes at 3:00 (sometimes earlier, sometimes not until 6 am).  As long as LO is gaining weight you want to let them sleep at this stage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never wake a sleeping baby (with the exception of babies who haven't regained their birth weight)!  DD is 2 months old, and she slept 10 hours straight last night.  If you wake up engorged, you can pump and build up your freezer supply!
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagekacelle:
    Never wake a sleeping baby (with the exception of babies who haven't regained their birth weight)!  DD is 2 months old, and she slept 10 hours straight last night.  If you wake up engorged, you can pump and build up your freezer supply!

ditto - I never wake her, even during the day!

• You lucky, lucky woman!  I would do anything for 9 hours of sleep!  (Mine is still up every three hours at night.) For the love of God, don't wake her up!  :) 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"