Breastfeeding

anyone clean their breast pump tubing?

I have the medela freestyle pump and noticed some white debris on the wall of the tubing.  does anyone have any tips on how to clean it?  just use soapy hot water??  how do you let it dry?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone clean their breast pump tubing?

• Mine gets this on the outside. I've heard of people boiling their tubing, it may make it cloudy looking. I would hang it up to dry and when its mostly dry hook it to you pump and run it and ti will dry it out.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageperplexed59:
    Mine gets this on the outside. I've heard of people boiling their tubing, it may make it cloudy looking. I would hang it up to dry and when its mostly dry hook it to you pump and run it and ti will dry it out.

After I posted this, I noticed that the milk was on the outside.  :)  Oops.  Thanks for your suggestion though!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Use the Medella steam baggies. It has instructions on the back for tubing. Be sure that the entire tube is covered with water before putting it in the microwave
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • ditto about the milk stains on the outside (at first i thought it was inside the tube too...until i was able to wipe it off).  other than that, no, i don't wash the tubing.  it doesn't come in contact with milk....it's just an air tube.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't wash the tubing - because it doesn't come in contact with the milk. HOWEVER - I always run the pump for a few minutes when I'm finished, to get rid of condensation. Otherwise, your tubes can mold.
    http://www.SoooBig.WordPress.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"