September 2011 Moms

Kinda gross...plantars warts while pregnant?

I've had plantars warts for a long time and thought they had finally gotten under control.  I hadn't had one in years, but I was just trimming my toe nails and discovered I have five (FIVE, 5?!?) on my foot.  Does anyone know if I can safely treat these while pregnant?  Typically, you either freeze them (liquid nitrogen) or use salicylic acid (I think this on is a no-no) or cover them with duct tape.  I would assume the freezing or duct tape would be fine, but didn't know if anyone else had any experience with this.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Kinda gross...plantars warts while pregnant?

• I wouldn't see how it could do any harm, but I would probably still call your dr.  I'm assuming to have them frozen off you would go to a dr. anyway so if they don't know if it is safe for pregnancy then I would call my OB to double check.  Also, I don't think it would do a lot of harm to just wait until after your LO is here even though it would be nice to get them taken care of sooner than that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • OnwardOnward member
    I have one on my heel- my doc ok'd freezing it while pg.
    TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you ever had a dermatologist use a CO2 laser?  It works so well and is safe to do while pregnant.  I am having a couple lasered off August 11th.  My OB wrote me a note that it was fine to do while preg.  Lasering literally obliterates the wart tissue so they won't grow back. I would never get warts frozen or burned off anymore. Lasering is so much better!!  
  • Thanks for the input, ladies.  I'm trying the duct tape for now and might try to do one of the freeze at home kits.  I've had them frozen at a dermatologist's before but I'm not active with one now and they have ridiculous waiting lists in my area.  Hopefully this will work.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagejkl12399:
    Have you ever had a dermatologist use a CO2 laser?  It works so well and is safe to do while pregnant.  I am having a couple lasered off August 11th.  My OB wrote me a note that it was fine to do while preg.  Lasering literally obliterates the wart tissue so they won't grow back. I would never get warts frozen or burned off anymore. Lasering is so much better!!  
    of laser

Hmm...I have never heard of lasering them off? I'm going to have to research that. Does it take long to heal?  Does it hurt? (Or feel like freezing it off?) Thanks for the info!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"