Multiples

WWYD? Changing 1st bday location last minute?

we are trying to get our house back up on the market by the end of this week and are having new carpet installed on Friday. LOs 1st birthday party is Sunday and was supposed to be at our house. We are grilling out and I have some water toys and stuff for the older kids.  Now I'm worried about having 20 adults and 15 kids walking in and out of the house, wet, with food, on our new carpet.  The carpet is in all the main areas, so it's not like we can block it off.

So I just threw out the idea to DH that we just go to a park and rent a shelter. It would take a little work to haul the food and high chairs there, but probably not as much as getting the house ready for guests. And then the kids will have a park to play at and all too.  DH is not happy at all with that suggestion and I'm not sure why, because we discussed doing that for future birthdays last time we were at the park. I think he just thinks it will be more of a hassle and wants to grill out and host a party at our house before we move (we have a nice deck and don't entertain a ton anymore).

So what would you do? Suck it up and have it at home or move it last minute?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? Changing 1st bday location last minute?

•  I would keep it at your house. It's been so hot in Michigan a park might just be too hot and the equipment is really too hot to play on, sort of making the party not as enjoyable for anyone.

I would put down some foot mats inside and outside the door, maybe a sign that says "please wipe your feet". Keep all food, condiments, beverages in coolers and a garbage outside to minimize the coming in and out. maybe some shoes by the door too to indicate that shoes shouldn't be worn inside the house. 

Also -- just try not to worry about it. I would think new carpet should be pretty stain resistent and as long as your not having people eat smash cake with red dye and bbq sauch on it the chances of any damage would be minimal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The garage is a great idea! We have a bathroom right off the garage as well and the kitchen would be right there. I can put down some rugs between the kitchen and the backdoor/deck, because I know people will still likely go through the house to the back.  It's only for two hours anyways. I will now go and take my chill pill. Thanks guys!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i dont know if this is any help, but yesterday we threw a bday party for my 11 yr old and 3yr old at a local community pool in the evening, 6-8:30pm. 

We had pulled pork bbq kept hot in a crock pot, with buns/sliders, lunchbox sized bags of chips ( variety pack) and some pepperoni/colby jack kabobs, watermelon/grape kabobs, veggies with dip, ice chest with bottled water and capri suns, and of course cake and ice cream(in a small ice-down cooler so it stayed pretty much solid). Inexpensive beach theme decorations from the dollar store so cleanup was a snap, too,

I'm on light bedrest and my hubby and a couple who are close friends of ours made it all happen. There was a kiddie pool with it's own little safety fence. It was so cheap and easy peasy.  I don't know if this would work considering the ages of your guests.

ETA: I'm not so quick typing while lying in bed, apparently. I love the garage idea.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"