2nd Trimester

Face is breakout city....anyone doing anything that works?

Hey, My face is a mess with a few big zits and those tiny little ones everywhere. I'm not sure if there is anything that will help. Hoping someone has a magic potion. 

Damn Hormones!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Face is breakout city....anyone doing anything that works?

• I have problems with acne normally, so you can imagine how bad it is now that I'm pregnant, especially since I can't use standard acne treatments.  At first, I tried standard soap, but it didn't really help.  I got a bunch of facial cleansing soaps the last time I was at a hotel and wash with them morning and night and it's made a huge difference.  I get a pimple or so every once in a while, but it's much improved.  I suggest trying some sort of facial cleansing soap or wash (without any dangerous ingredients) and washing frequently.  I even wash mid-day if my face feels particularly oily.
  • I can't help much, but I feel your pain!  I have more zits then I ever had in Middle school or high school!  It happened with DD and now again with #2.  I didn't really find much that helped other than just making sure I was washing my face...Good luck!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor OK'd my low % salicylic acid wash for once a day and my acne lotion for twice a day. It didn't seem to do anything, but I've started washing with regular soap in the evening and afternoon, and that's helped a lot. A good method to try is steaming your face over a pot of boiling water. I'm not really remembering HOW this works, only that it seems to help some people (though I'm not fond of the idea of sticking my face over a pot of boiling anything).

What helps the most and seems to help immediately is my mud mask. I use it twice a week, leave it on for about ten minutes while sitting in the bathroom with the shower running as hot as possible for the steam. https://www.arbonne.com/shop_online/showitem.asp?ProductId=7319&menuId=221  is the mask I use. It's all-natural, dermatologist tested, and vegan friendly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I caved and bought the clinique 3 step cleaning regiment.  It seems to be just what I need and does really well with my combination skin right now... you know, super oily after 4-5 hours, but incredibly dry after just washing it.  It's kinda expensive, but after trying I don't know how many cleansers, it was totally worth it.
  • I have the same issue. I bought Beaute de Maman products and it is helping a lot. I have a facial scrub and acne cream designed with safe ingredients for pregnancy. There is a website for the products but I bought them on Amazon for much cheaper and free shipping. Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003X9KQS6

In addition to the facial scrub and cream I will occasionally use a gentle sea salt scrub as well. I bought that at Ulta for about $5 or $6 for the jar.

• I suffer from acne when not pregnant, and was expecting the worst, but my regimen seems to be working for me.  I keep it simple.  I use a peroxide based cleanser in the morning (Neutragena), and then do a simple swipe with witch hazel before bed.  I think allowing your face to find its own balance is the best way to go.  Sometimes the more you fight it, the harder it strikes back!  Oh, and change your pillowcase weekly, at least.
  • I only have breakout issues when I'm pregnant, but I always have used Clinique's cleansing bar, toner, and moisturizer since I was 15 years old! I have always managed to have great skin, and even now during pregnancy, it definitely helps keep the breakout to a minimum.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I started using Bare Minerals makeup and haven't had a single blemish since I started!  I even sleep in it, which I know I shouldn't do with any make-up, but I still don't have any issues.  I was also pleasantly surprised with how awesome it makes my skin look.  2 people noticed how great my skin looked & mentioned something!

It's expensive, but I bought a trial starter kit at Ulta for $20 when it was on sale.  It said it's supposed to last a month, but it will go for much longer! 

• I honestly have had about two zits in the past 15 years, and I have always used Neutrogena products, every single day. They are gentle, cleansing, and made for acne.

I use the face wash and the moisturizer with spf 15 every single day.

If you think you need something stronger, though, I would go to a dermatologist.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"