Military Families

WAHM's please come in...

Hello ladies... I just had a baby girl who turned a month yesterday and I'm already back to work. It's not completely necessary but with MH being the only employed in our household, we're living paycheck to paycheck which makes us uncomfortable. So I went back to work while he has leave for a few more weeks and we worked out child care for after that with a close friend (baby will only be with her for 3 hours which is all we need). While the arrangement works for now, I am DYING to figure out a way to work from home. So I decided to rack your brains and get some ideas. I have my degree in Elementary Education and I could be handy/arts and crafty if I worked at it a little more. What do you ladies do from home? Any suggestions? How did you start out and make it work so that you were actually making money? TIA for your help. I'm sure you all know how hard it is to leave our cute little babies home... even if they are well cared for in your absence, it's just not the same! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: WAHM's please come in...

• Joie80Joie80 member
    I'm an online instructor for our state's virutal public schools. You can check to see if you have one where you are. You mentioned elementary ed, but I'm pretty sure most states don't start offering online courses until around middle school. You may have to do something to expand your certification beyond elementary, but it's something to look into.GL!
  • I make stamped jewelry, so I'm no real help, lol. I do recommend checking out what pp said. Staying home is wonderful, though I sometimes miss other adults, especially in this heat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I work at home full time. Before I worked from home I was in the office for 3 years. DD still goes to daycare because I could never get my work done with her here.

Sorry, I'm no help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"