Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery Painting HELP...PLEEASE! For our First Baby Girl!

We are so exciting to be expecting a Little Girl this coming November. She will be joining Big brother. We just got her Bedding and I absolutely LOVE it. It's CocaLo Taffy bedding which has bright and light pinks, green, alittle aqua blue, brown and cream. Were thinking about using a chair rail and below it having stripes. Just not sure what colors to use. Thinking about pale pink, green and white then painting the upper half the green color?? Any suggestions?? I just want her room to be PERFECT!! But having trouble making it Just right....Please share any ideas.

Re: Nursery Painting HELP...PLEEASE! For our First Baby Girl!

• OK, so here is a link to the entire room on the Cocalo website:

https://www.cocalo.com/item.asp?id=1136&brand=1&g=4&coll=&cat=1

I think you are on the right track to use a pale green "celedon" type color for the top of your walls.  A chair rail trimmed in white, YES.  I'm wondering if stripes on the bottom may be too busy considering the pattern on the bedding is pretty busy with all the color blocks.  If you do stripes, of course, make them big (at least 12").

I'm a crazy artist, so I would paint the bottom celedon and then paint the flowers in scattered areas all around the room "growing" up from the baseboard.  Then, for the top of the chair rail, I would paint a soft aqua as sky and add the butterflies in random places along with clouds.  YAY!

It is such gorgeous bedding I'm sure you will have a perfect room for your design style no matter what!  Have Fun!

my nursery progress 

EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• 27JB27JB member
    I usually lurk but had to reply to this because we are using the exact same bedding and just started painting yesterday! I would have loved to use green on the walls but my husband is totally against that. We ended up using the exact color recommendations from the bedding package, Behr Navajo White for the top of the wall and Behr Colonial Rose for the bottom of the wall. The package suggested a dark brown for the chair rail but we are going to do a white chair rail as the rest of our trim is also white and I think it will brighten the room up! It looks lovely and bright and baby-ish in there already and it only has one coat. We're hoping to do the second coat tonight..
  • Loading the player...
  • I think I would do the pink and green stripes below and the white above, or do two shades of pink stripes and the green above with the white chair rail. I don't think I would repeat the upper green color in a stripe below.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"